did you meet with your attorney before 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you meet with your attorney before 341

Hi folks,my 341 meeting is sept 4. Paralegal handling my case at the attorney's office says I will meet with the attorney handling my case 15 minutes before we get called in. How much time did your attorney spend with you discussing your case?

My attorney will meet with me 10 minutes prior, so basically the same as yours.

I am hoping there isn't much to go over. He said he does not see any problems. Considering as often as they do this, I am praying/trusting that the few minutes will be enough.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

We are in Florida, Middle District, and I believe this situation applies only to us in this district--or at least the ones assigned to our particular judge or trustee.

A week before our scheduled 341, we had a telephonic conference with the trustee's office in our attorney's office. We were asked the standard questions, plus a few others with the warning: bring your marriage license. This was in addition to our DLs and SS cards.

Our attorney told us a stand-in would be with us, and so he was. But we did not know who he was until our names were called at the 'real' 341, and a young man stood up and accompanied us to the table. We had no idea who he was.

We were there at our 341 very early and was the first couple in the room. Everyone else had not finished lunch yet, I guess.

Good luck to you.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Our atty, oddly enough, had a little office directly next door to the 341 room. His actual office was not in the building, but he had this little office with his name on the door. We went in there for about ten minutes. That's where he told us that the US Trustee had been investigating us for two weeks but had completed the investigation and withdrew any objections. I was so glad then that we had this lawyer. You know you have doubts about how they will represent you but his guy is awesome. We had time to ask him a few questions that had come up and he was so great, just kept saying, that's no problem this will be fine. He was laughing and joking with the trustee. He had told us at our inital consultation that he was THE GUY when it came to bk, he knew every question and every thing that would catch the trustees attention. I had started worrying that he was full of hot air (atty, right?) but I guess he WAS "the guy". We are 27 days into our 60 days so far.

Comment

I had my initial free consultation with my lawyer. Then came back and filled out paperwork with him, etc. I called and e-mailed him numerous times during the process. then met with him about 10 minutes before 341.
          Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
          341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

We met with our attorney about 30 minutes the first time.
            Then we went back and he met with us again to answer more questions for another 20 minutes or so.
            I also had his email and cell phone number to ask questions when the need came up.
            The cost? $1500 for the total time and filing.
            Assistants are fine, but I am going to know the guy that is going into court with me or he's not going to be there.
            But then again we live in a smaller community too and it makes a difference.

Comment

We met with ours a few days before our 341. He spent probably 15 or so minutes chatting about the 341 and asked if we had any questions. We didn't or it could have gone longer. We hardly talked at the 341.
              filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
              341 meeting 6/4/09
              DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

phone meeting: 10 minutes
                first face meeting: 30 minutes
                Second: 60 minutes (converting from a 13 to 7)
                Phone: 10 minutes
                Live and in person 341: 30 minutes
                Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
                Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
                341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X