No announcement yet.

Life after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds lie you do know the "in and outs" of the business! Good deal and will use it to my advantage in the future as well!!!!

Comment

"Are those of us who are making every effort to pay what we can to avoid BK are we just suckers.. "

I hate to say it, but yes, I would have been a sucker to keep paying those bullsh** credit cards. My BK was too easy, things went so well, I shake my head now thinking what would have happened had we not went for the Ch7. Such a relief. Feels like the best decision I ever made.

Oh, and I am less than a month from closing and got a 1000k credit card at 19%- not great, but not hard at all. Don't plan on using it other than try to help my credit score.
      Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

Just a follow up. I did indeed close on my house, I am excited and a little freaked out at the same time. Closing was smooth as silk. Received 100 percent financing at 5.25% with no PMI. My total investment on a 200K property was $2040, mostly prepaids (taxes, insurance, home owner fees, etc). I received $5,000 from the state as a first time home buyer and just amended my 2008 1040 and I will be receiving $8,000 in a few weeks from Uncle Sam. I am not gloating but do want everyone to know that there is life after BK. My goal was to buy a home within 2 years of BK, and I was off by 1 year, but it actually worked to my advantage. The home I bought the owner had paid $316,000 for four years ago. I know I got a good deal and I am happy. Good luck to everyone. Do what you have to do, follow through and make a solid plan for the future.
        NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

Thanks again for your updates. You have brought many fearful recent filers and perhaps some of those still on the fence back to reality. Good luck to you.
          7-2-2009 Filed
          8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
          10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by no_it_all View Post

Cliff notes version of my BK: Pro Se filing in August 2006, discharged Nov 2006. About 154K in unsecured debt, including about 12K in federal taxes (woot!). My filing was done under the "new" BK laws.

!
            Huh? How did you get rid of your federal taxes? I'm converting from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7 due to a vehicle, and I'm going to have to deal with the IRS because supposedly it's "non-dischargeable". I only owe a little under $5000.00 to the IRS (although it's a lot to me, with my salary and expenses)
            Filed Ch.13 August 2008,
            Converted to Ch.7 03/31/10, 341 Meeting 05/05/2010, Discharged 07/16/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X