top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you tell the creditors that are calling 24/7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't talk to them. Don't promise them anything. Get caller ID or something and don't answer the phone. They are recording everything you say, and can use it against you.
    Last edited by Iwantmyname; 09-06-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Don't talk to them at all via phone. I don't answer. If you answer it just makes them call more because they know at least you are there whereas with other people they don't even know that. Once they know you are there they can then devote more resources to you.
      Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

We made the mistake of telling them we would pay them when we can early on so now they call every 30 mins or so. I really hope that they do not use that against us later.

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
          We made the mistake of telling them we would pay them when we can early on so now they call every 30 mins or so. I really hope that they do not use that against us later.
          They can't use anything against you if you are filing for bankruptcy. Lot's of people try to pay their bills before they realize they are insolvent and can't keep up anymore. If anything, talking to them just shows that you had the honest intention of paying them, before you realized it was impossible, and filed for bankruptcy.

As to the calling every thirty minutes. Change to an IP based phone service where you can block out designated phone numbers from even ringing to your phone.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I had Chase finally spaz out on me. I gave my usual line 'nothings changed since our last conversation' speil, but this crazy B..... didnt take it. I find the calls somewhat entertaining, so you aint getting my feathers ruffeled. She likes 'oh, what about your good name...and I said, oh i love my name'...LOL. She said she was going to refer my account to chargeoff, i was like, really? too bad thats AUTOMATIC... she was real mad at me once i told her i was educated in the matter and that i am judgement proof. I ended the call telling her sorry, she wasnt make incentive on me today...she was like "oh no you didn't"... Hey Chase- CHASE ME ALL YOU WANT.
            Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

lol....Chase and GE money are the ones that are calling me 24/7. I really hate both of these 2 because GE Money kept moving my due date so I would get late fee's and Chase set my rate up to 28% after 1 time late and would not even work with me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                Tell them you've retained an attorney to handle this matter and then give them a phone number to a pizza joint as a contact. Tell them your attorney's name is Pete Zahut.
                LOL Just saw this thread that is FUNNY
                7-2-2009 Filed
                8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X