top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a bad first impression with a lawyer....lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a bad first impression with a lawyer....lol.

So I admit that this whole bankruptcy thing is stressing me out and I am not sleeping but a few hours a day. I decided to talk to another lawyer in person just to get a different perspective to the 2 others I talked to.

I made the appointment for this morning at 9 am. Well....I did not fall asleep until around 6 am. My alarm was suppose to wake me up at around 8 am. I woke to a bill collector calling me at 8:45!! I must have slept right through the alarms, I guess a bill collector is a good thing sometimes...lol.

This lawyer was about 10 mins from my house luckily, so I ran around panicked and threw some clothes on, brushed my hair and teeth and ran out the door. I made it to the office exactly at 9 am and walked into this beautiful office. The reception area was around the corner and I could hear her on the phone so I was going to wait there until she was off.....

Behind me and there was this huge mirror, I turned.....and realized I had put my shirt on inside out.....lol. So I panic not wanting to look like and idiot more than I already do. There was a dark meeting room right next to where I was standing....should I sneak in and change real quick? Does this place have cameras to see my strip show?

So of course before I could decide what to do next the receptionist called out to me to come around the corner. Darn. So I walked over hiding my tag on the side of my shirt so she could not see it hoping she would not notice my shirt. She finished her call and said the attorney was ready for me. I quickly asked if there was a bathroom. She had to walk me past his office, tell him I was there but needed to use the bathroom. Like I said I only lived 10 mins away and he knew it so I looked lame having to use the bathroom. So I ran in and fixed my shirt and ran out.

I said sorry I had a eyelash in my eye (which I did somewhat and I fixed that also...lol) and he said he understood it happens all the time to him.

I am such a dork, I really need more sleep...lol.

That was cool reading. I felt like my head was inside out
    So did you hire him?
    Chapter 13ner

Comment

adviceplease - you need to calm down. Maybe try to get more exercise, many of us have been through the no sleeping problem due to stress.

The only thing you should be worried about in hiring a lawyer is "Can this lawyer offer me the best in representation and strategy, given my specific circumstances?"

Secondly, keep the phone away from your bed. I answered a call once under the influence of a sleeping pill. It actually was a friend of mine - but I never remembered the conversation given the sedative. Better to be clear-headed when answering the phone.
      Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
      341 Meeting 01/05/2009
      Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

I am a worrier I have mild OCD so I dwell on things. I thought it was a funny situation though. =)

Comment

Oh boy! Glad you were able to fix the shirt before anyone seemed to notice.
          filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
          341 meeting 6/4/09
          DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X