Can I take a vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I take a vacation?

Now if I take a vacation before filing , do I have to substantiate it and explain to my lawyer where I get the money from and where I am going?

Originally posted by ando View Post
    Now if I take a vacation before filing , do I have to substantiate it and explain to my lawyer where I get the money from and where I am going?
    My attorney said no. That I can take a vacation if need be.
    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
      My attorney said no. That I can take a vacation if need be.
      I agree in part with Lajazz. (Hey Lajazz, where you been?) but do not use your credit in anyway for that vacation. If you are going to Hawaii or LasVagas that could be a problem as a luxury spending spree. If it is a small amount like a real buy on a cruise, I would say (and it would be true) that the vacation was for medical reasons for your mental stress relief. Ask your doctor if a vacation would help you, he will of course say it would. Then have a ball. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

hmmm ,actually it is Costa Rica !!! is that a problem, if I just used cash for all spending? except buying the ticket of course going to be online with a debit card.

Comment

use your debit card all you want, as it is NOT a credit card... have a blast!

Comment

Is the ticket really high? If not you can go to Walgreens or something and buy a prepaid visa with cash and then pay that way so there is no airline transaction coming out of your account. If you have CVS in your area I saw that they have the cards on sale for $4.95 right now (you have to pay to purchase card) instead of $9.95.

I'm not sure about the lawyers but we ran into a situation with our bank where something big came out on our Visa that was supposedly canceled and the bank had a fit because we can buy this item but we can not pay our mortgage (it was behind and they were doing a forbearance for us). So it was a mess so I guess I can see that someone may think something if the money is to be accounted for because of not paying bills with the money. I have no legal experience I just know how bad it was with our bank.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              I agree in part with Lajazz. (Hey Lajazz, where you been?) but do not use your credit in anyway for that vacation. If you are going to Hawaii or LasVagas that could be a problem as a luxury spending spree. If it is a small amount like a real buy on a cruise, I would say (and it would be true) that the vacation was for medical reasons for your mental stress relief. Ask your doctor if a vacation would help you, he will of course say it would. Then have a ball. 'Hub
              Oh I am still around waiting for the supposed " other shoe to drop" which I am sure is what the TT is desperately trying to find. Good luck on that one!!!!!!!

What a terrific waste of time for all involved.

I should have been discharged months ago but I think I am still another two weeks away. Now I need a car so GOOD luck to me on that one!!!!!

I am looking to buy something for about $7500 so I may apply for a loan just for the heck of it and see what happens.

In the meantime, yes, my attorney said to take a vacation. Most of us NEED some time away to get rid of the stress.

My wife is scared to spend .10 cents on anything because she thinks
              ( probably like most of us ) that the TT looks at every penny spent. Just be logical, use cash and a debit card where applicable.

Getr something from your doctor that says you are under stress, maybe even get a prescription for Xanax or lexipro.

Just be ready if they ask questions.

Most people think that the TT is all poweringing and omnipotent but there are defenses to everything except fraud so just ask yourself if you can defend a purchase.

An example: We live near the fires here in california and I would spend money where needed to take precautions to save the house and defend them later.

I would also send my wife and kids to stay at hotel if we had to evacuate, which is a possibility. What's a TT going to object to in that case? Probably nothing.

Good luck and have fun.
              Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

We took a vacation to Disney 90 days before filing, charged every cent on credit....not one word about it during our bankruptcy. BUT, I did space out the charges, so no charge was over $900 on one particular card.

Good luck!
                Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Originally posted by Stilltheone View Post
                  We took a vacation to Disney 90 days before filing, charged every cent on credit....not one word about it during our bankruptcy. BUT, I did space out the charges, so no charge was over $900 on one particular card.
                  Good luck!

You were very lucky. It is still better to pay cash or put it on a prepaid card.
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

We went to Hawaii (dh went for work) but me and the kids had to buy tickets. Nobody even knew... Go and have a blast!
                    Filed CH 7 05/06/09
                    341 06/12/09
                    Last day for objections 08/11/09
                    Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X