Wife's bank job..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's bank job..

The wife is a bit worried now that we are going through a chapter 13 about her job. She works for a financial institution here in town. We have a secured loan and an unsecured loan with them and I don't believe we're going to be able to keep either one. Nothing really expensive, but she's worried about talking to her boss about it. Our lawyer said that he could fire her for wearing a red shirt to work if he wanted, which is true because Indiana is a no reason for termination state. Fire at will for any reason as long as it's not infringing on your civil rights.
    I say she better talk to him soon, because if she gets fired we're in deep doo doo!! We will have to go chapter 7 and say goodbye to the house.

I totally understand your situation. Although it is illegal to fire someone filing BK, they technically do not need a reason.

I also work at a bank in a secured area and the fear has crossed my mind. I try not to think about it. Thankfully however, I did not have any loans with my bank, so my attorney does not think they will be notified.

Hopefully her supervisor will be understanding, as things do happen and bankers are still human on the inside. But discussing it with him/her is better ahead of time. That way it will not be a shock when they hear of the BK filing.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Banking is one industry that is very bankruptcy unfriendly. That being said, there are always exceptions. I think it is better to be proactive then to let them find out passively through a background check (banks do these regularly on their employees) or even worse, through getting a notification through the court.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Our lawyer has mentioned that he has done some for people who work at said bank. I don't believe they were fired, but I could be wrong.

Funny thing is yesterday as the lawyers office there was a guy and his wife in before us. I work with him. How ironic is that!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X