Chexsystems and BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chexsystems and BK

Has anyone filed BK on checks/accounts that are in chexsystem?

How much luck or how easier does it make it to get things cleared out of Chexsystem once you are discharged??

Anyone know??

thanks
    pink_amulet

Chexsystems and BK

Filing for bk will not erase your listing on Chexsystems. It will wipe out whatever debt, if any, you owe to the bank, but your listing in Cheex will remain for 5 years UNLESS you can somehow get the listing bank to remove it. A bankruptcy filing only affects the collection of outstanding debts. It does not require the removal of what was accurate factual information concerning your account. So you may still be listed on ChexSystems after you file bankruptcy and this will affect your ability to open a new checking account.

After your discharge, the items that were discharged will normally show up as a charge-off or uncollected debt.

You will want to write to ChexSystems and the credit bureaus, providing a copy of your complete bankruptcy papers and request that they show the debt owed to the listing bank as "discharged in bankruptcy." This looks better.

When your ChexSystems record has been updated to reflect your current "discharged in bankruptcy" status, bring your ChexSystems report into the bank(s) you wish to open an account with and ask to speak to the bank manager. Explain your situation honestly, inform them that you have paid off negative balances and have documentation to prove it.

Many bank managers will approve your account if you can provide documentation that negative item(s) have been paid and that the items are more than one-year old.

If you can prove through documents that you have worked to fix past mistakes and that you no longer represent a credit risk, then some bank managers will approve a new account.

Comment

Thanks...I have a bank account, I LOVE my bank!!
      I was just wondering about getting my older accounts out of chexsystem.

thanks again

pink/amulet

Comment

How does one go about finding out about one's "ChexSystems" status?
        I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
        10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
        10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
        10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
        11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
        01/16/06: Last day to file objections
        01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Eureka... found it...

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Originally posted by quest42

That it VERY helpful, thank you for looking!

Comment

HOW does this work? Is it a SCAM?

ANYBODY have experience with this? How does it work? Do they make money by referring customers to banks? Is this a valid service?

Free Chex Systems Removal ...

Free Chex Systems, Telecheck & SCAN Removal.

Welcome

NewCheckingAccount.com is a consumer advocate website created in 2001 to FREELY assist people in getting a checking account and/or savings account, even if they are listed in ChexSystems, TeleCheck or SCAN. All three of these are commonly referred to as Check Systems. Don't get them mixed up!

The Facts: It is estimated that over 7 million people in the U.S. are listed in the ChexSystems database. Currently, over 80% of all U.S. banks are using ChexSystems, while most of the others rely on TeleCheck, which is a service similar to ChexSystems. SCAN is a check verification service strictly for use in retail locations, and is not checked by banks when you apply for a checking account. But, SCAN does rely in part on information provided by ChexSystems ...

If anybody tries using it, please report any results?

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

A quick glance at their site seems to show 2 ideas.
                1. Dispute all claims and ask that they "verify" the info. Some co's will not respond and therefore they cannot provide verification and have to drop it from their report. May work with some co's some of the time.
                2. Open a checking account at one of the banks they list with high rates and no local office, but few merchants will accept your out of town check without being able to run it through a chex system.
                They charge $80 to open an account and $40 a month thereafter.
                My advice would be to use the Post Office for money orders (they're cheapest there) and a local grocery store to cash your pay checks.
                Take the money you'd be paying to this service and open a savings acct. and establish a relationshio with a bank. After 3 - 4 months of having a savings acct there and adding to it monthly, go to a bank officer and explain your situation and ask for a checking acct.
                In fact, actually you should be meeting with bank officers now and explaining your situation and asking them what it will require for you to get a checking acct.
                Personally, I wouldn't send this web site a dime.
                Good luck, art

Comment

Just got my information from Chex systems...No probs, so I'm opening a second account (Another bank) and then things will go along nicely...

Comment

You can always look into joining a credit union-I was just approved to open a checking & savings account at Patelco Credit Union. (Have a good relationship w/ my current bank but I've been wanting to join a credit union.)
                    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X