Past 180 days -- NCO is threatening legal action for chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past 180 days -- NCO is threatening legal action for chase

NCO on behalf of chase has been calling me several times a day at work on my extention. They are saying that this is my last chance to get take care of the debt before it goes to legal action. Is this just a threat where they will kick the debt around for months?? or will they really sue me??

Can the fact that they know or think they know where I work (I never actually spoke to anyone) make a judgement more likely?? This debt is now around $3,300 and there is another Chase account that is approaching 90 days that was used to be a WAMU account for $5,600.

Probably they'll sue you eventually if your past 180 days it'll be sooner rather than later. Even if they started today though it would be months before you'd actually have a court date.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Send them a DV Debt verification letter, and stipulate you can not speak to them by phone. that will shut them down for a while. check in the collections forum for info on how to do this
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I have sent NCO several DV letters, each one has completely stopped all collection activity, and they send it back to the original creditor, who then farms it back out to another collection agency.

Im surprised they even called you, they would only send me dunning letters, but never call.

You were probably talking to someone who makes 8 dollars an hour and works on commission, also known as a complete loser.

Last time I checked, NCO doesnt even have a legal dept.

They are baseless threats, and they need to watch their language, I would tell them you have a consumer rights attorney on retainer, and all calls are being recorded.

Yet, another story of an american consumer being harrassed.

Next time they call your work, tell them your employer does not allow it, and if it happens again, you will file a complaint with the FTC, and the state attorney general's office. That is if you can get that far into the conversation without being hung up on, they have hundreds of thousands of other people to collect from I am sure.

I get collection agencies that call me and send me letters, and they are actual LAWFIRMS with attorney's licensed in my state. Yet, they are stopped by the DV(which is really funny because it's really easy to fulfill the FDCPA requirement), and they have not sued me yet.

Comment

yeah, I had NCO too. every night the same recorded loud obnoxious voice message. i sent them a DV and a week after they received it....Poof, they were gone.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I had NCO calling me at work too; the weird thing is that i switched jobs- so i think an old coworker gave my new work number. The called many times a day until i finally told them that i was not allowed to take personal calls at work and they are NOT to call me at work. They asked for a different number; and i gave them the same one they always had.

Anyway- Mine is with Amex- and i'm about 240 days past due- had a few letters threatening "legal action" and nothing has happened.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If they do sue you; you'll have time for a response and the court date is usually at least 30 days away.

Originally posted by Nick9075 View Post
            NCO on behalf of chase has been calling me several times a day at work on my extention. They are saying that this is my

last chance to get take care of the debt before it goes to legal action. Is this just a threat where they will kick the debt around for months?? or will they really sue me??

Can the fact that they know or think they know where I work (I never actually spoke to anyone) make a judgement more likely?? This debt is now around $3,300 and there is another Chase account that is approaching 90 days that was used to be a WAMU account for $5,600.
            Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
            341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
            Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
            Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Got my first call from NCO the other day. They're easy to play with on the phone. I got them to play for nearly 1/2 an hour. Love to waste the time of these assclowns!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

At what point do any of us send a DV letter? I know some of you will tell me I should be reading up on that but really what does this letter mean and what does it do?
                08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
                04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
                06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
                08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X