Bank acct question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank acct question

Everyone here pretty much has told me to close the acct because of the auto payments and open a new one at another bank? My question is...Why would I need to go to another bank. I have no debt or loans at my bank to worry about and i really like them. They just hold my money, thats it. Could I not just close the acct and open a new one there ?? I just want to be 100% sure we eliminate ALL auto draft payments. Thanks

Even if you don't have a mortgage or an auto loan with them, but DO have credit cards with them, even when you get all of the automatic draws stopped from your checking account, you still run the risk of having the bank try to pull from your checking/savings accounts to cover the cards when you fall behind in payments. Especially if the debt is sizable.

How's that for a run-on sentance?
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

No no no....I DO NOT have ANY debt (credit cards, mortgages, loans,ect) with the bank I have our checking account with! I am in NO way tied to them. I dont even have any overdraft charges with them.

Again....why do I have to change banks I like them. Cant I be ok with closing the acct and opening another there under a new number.

Comment

Originally posted by crashzx View Post
        No no no....I DO NOT have ANY debt (credit cards, mortgages, loans,ect) with the bank I have our checking account with! I am in NO way tied to them. I dont even have any overdraft charges with them.

Again....why do I have to change banks I like them. Cant I be ok with closing the acct and opening another there under a new number.
        Hi Crash, welcome. This is exactly what I did with the bank I had our main checking/savings accounts with and with no other debt accounts. This was our main bank and loved their service. I had our mortgage and equity line payments coming out of our checking account. I ended the auto payments and then close this one checking account. I then opened a new checking account at this same bank.

I closed all other checking accounts at banks where I had debt accounts.
        Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

Gee, I hate to go against Mrs. C. (AngelinaCat) but, she didn't pick up on the fact that you don't have a CC or debt.

In this case, just to be "safe", close and open another account. They will transfer your funds to the new account. It cannot be hit upon except by law and in bk you are safe, to date. (P.S. don't tell Mrs. I said she was mistaken, I'll hurt for days. LOL. ) 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Cool I am going today and changing it over. I thought it would be ok. They are good people, small local bank. Thanks....worth a try this way first.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Gee, I hate to go against Mrs. C. (AngelinaCat) but, she didn't pick up on the fact that you don't have a CC or debt.

In this case, just to be "safe", close and open another account. They will transfer your funds to the new account. It cannot be hit upon except by law and in bk you are safe, to date. (P.S. don't tell Mrs. I said she was mistaken, I'll hurt for days. LOL. ) 'Hub

Hub, shhhhh! your secret is safe with us! We won't tell Mrs. C.
              Filed Chapter 7: 06/29/2009 , 341 Meeting: 08/12 , Discharged: 10/16, Closed: 10/18

Comment

We're not changing banking accounts. We're staying at the same bank with the same accounts.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X