Where do you check your credit score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you check your credit score?

Where's the best place to check your credit score?
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

I don't anymore but I would avoid Free Credit Report .Com. They will sign you up for a service (at first it's free) but then they will charge you and did us even after you tell them to stop. They did that to us for 2 months after I told them to stop and then I had to argue with them about it to get the money refunded.
    At the point you are at, who cares? The fact that you filed is the major hit on your report and that alone will stop you from getting any decent credit for some time.

Comment

I know, you're right. A twisted part of me is just curious. Also, I'm gearing up to clean up our reports once we get discharged, my wife has a few judgements we'll need to get rid of.

Oh and before I filed I went through the freecreditreport.com thing. I disputed the charges on my credit card and got the $$ money back. Total scam. The actual govt. sponsored site is annualcreditreport.com....that is truly free.
      Last edited by killinstinct; 09-13-2009, 05:46 PM.
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I forget where it is that we used to check once a year for free, but they did not give you credit scores unless you paid for them.
        It is a good idea to check and make sure the account all show as part of the BK but that's simple.
        Just apply for credit over the internet to say Home Depot. You will be rejected and get a letter telling you how to see what the company saw, less your credit score.
        We did just this. You have been rejected and can get this information for free this way without the hassles.
        We checked ours and we were 100% correct in the listings.

Comment

Roger that. I was curious because people say that errors are rampant. Sounds like maybe not though.

I will have to file our discharge with two separate courts to get my wife's judgements vacated, then I'll have to challenge those for removal from her credit report I'm sure. They don't just magically disappear I imagine.
          341 Meeting 09/09/09
          Discharged 11/12/09
          Closed 12/14/09

Comment

If the judgements were on your credit report the lenders were notified of your BK or so I am thinking.
            That should amend what it states on the credit report.

Comment

www.annualcreditreport.com is where you can look at your credit report for free, i dont think the score is there

Comment

I'll let you know. We don't even know what the underlying debt is for the judgements. She was never served or notified properly. HHM had a sticky that seemed to indicate that with judgements you have to file your discharge with a motion for dismissal with the state court the judgement was obtained in....I can't seem to find it right now though.
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Here is a thread where I posted how to get your reports for free:

As far as score, who really cares, except for bragging rights. Score is a tool the banksters use to keep people enslaved. I don't play that game.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                    Here is a thread where I posted how to get your reports for free:

As far as score, who really cares, except for bragging rights. Score is a tool the banksters use to keep people enslaved. I don't play that game.
                    Thanks catleg. Purely curiousity on my part.

By the way, can I borrow your stapler?
                    341 Meeting 09/09/09
                    Discharged 11/12/09
                    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

www.annualcreditreport.com is a free site for reports but I don't think anyplace gives you scores for free.

This is the best summary I have seen of all the ways to get your credit report.
                      http://www.spendonlife.com/guide/get-your-credit-report

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X