• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranoid CH7 filer

My BK Status:
    10/12/2005 Chapter 7 petition on file w/ BK court
    11/17/2005 341 Hearing (Done)
    1/17/2006 Deadline for Objections (Scheduled)

Unless you had intended to commit fraud, you should be OK, it would seem. Those amounts do not seem enough to worry about. Just listen to your attorney... Be prepared to be honest if any questions come up, and they probably won't.
    I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
    10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
    10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
    10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
    11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
    01/16/06: Last day to file objections
    01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

"As a favor, I also bought a pair of concert tickets online with my debit card for my brother (he gave me the money, he doesn’t have a debit or credit card). "

using a debit card hooked to a banking account is ok i hope? right? god tell me its ok!
      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Bkfiler: I read your posts and you seem a bit wound up. (rightfully so) Try to relax. You will be ok. A debit card is like writing a check. You didn't borrow any money during the presumtion period with intent to stiff anyone. Get a good nights sleep and in a couple of months you will be writing us on how to rebuild your credit after your fresh start.

Good luck and get some rest!

CaliforniaGirl: It's small enough you should be fine. How many credit card lawyers will spend thousands on litigation to get back a couple of hundred bucks?

Comment

the last 4 days for some reason have been the worst lol

ive researched so many dismissals, complaints and trials that ive confused myself. not to mention the rules are not clear and wish i knew if my bk is going to work or not. attorney says yes. but we know why he said that lol.

honestly, i kid you not, ive seen statements in the trustee or UST complaints that would fit parts of my case and everyone elses as well and i question how that person wasnt allowed to obtain teh bk adn we are. just seems stange. cant get a handle around it.

im going nuts hehe
          Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
          [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
          [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
          [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

Californiagirl & BkFiler:

Its normal to feel anxious, nervous, etc. It would probably be odd if you were perfectly at ease, actually. BK is a big decision, and should not be taken lightly.

Hang in there! You'll be ok!
            Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X