Is USBank in California an evil bank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is USBank in California an evil bank?

Am in the midst of transfering what little cash I still have from Wells (to who I owe $10,000 in credit card debt to) to a new USBank account I opened recently.

Is USBank one of the evil banks?

I'm not sure what you mean by evil. I think they're all basically evil.

I'm happy with US Bank, but I had to move my $$ as we were BK'ing a CC we had with them. I'm hoping to go back, but we'll see...
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Moving the money out of Wells Fargo is a good idea, they'll take it.

Not heard any complaints on USBank, so long as you owe them no debt you should be safe.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I have a vehicle financed with them, and they will call you if you're one day past the due date. I don't know that this makes them evil, but it does make them typical.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I've had USBank for at least 7 years now (mortgage) and so far no complaints. I agree that when it comes to money all banks are evil and want to get paid first but from personal experience no complaints so far.
          Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
          341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
          Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

By "evil banks" do you mean banks that will freeze your deposit accounts when you file a BK petition, even if you don't owe them money? In CA I'm aware of Wells Fargo and Union Bank doing that, which in my book qualifies them as "evil", although I'm not sure whether that's what you had in mind. I haven't heard anything about U.S. Bank one way or another.

Comment

Yes...you bring up good points. Definitely move your money to someplace where you don't owe anything before defaulting. And stay clear of WELLS FARGO!!!! They will freeze your funds even if you don't owe them money according to dozens of posters on this forum, and my personal attorney. They will have to release the money, but this requires a letter from the trustee, time, etc. and it is NOT GOOD. Stay away from these people!!!!
              Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
              341 Meeting 09/09/09
              Discharged 11/12/09
              Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X