Remove bank info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove bank info.

I have stopped paying most cc this month. Will likely file in 6-9 months.
    Question: I have been paying them online and the cc companies have my routing and bank # on file.
    Should I delete this info from them now? Will it really be deleted ? If I delete the info is that telling them that I no longer intended to pay long before I filed ?

Can they access this info and take money from my account ?
    My bank account and cc are totally separate.

Thanks for all the help.

For the time being, open a new account at a bank where you have never done business before and keep a low or zero balance in your existing account. If you are enrolled in any automatic payment deals, cancel them. Some banks will not allow you to do that.

No creditor can remove funds from any of your bank accounts without first obtaining a money judgment in a court of law. The only exception to that is if a debtor owes money to a bank at which the debtor also has funds on deposit. That bank will simply seize the money that the debtor owes.

Comment

I paid all our cc online for years. When we quit paying, ofcourse eventually the closed online access, however I never deleted my checking info, dumb on my part probably, but we were never on auto pay, so I didn't worry about it, and somewhere I read that info is most likely stored so even deleting it doesn't mean it really "deleted".

We bank at a small local bank. We never had a single issue. Not one attempted withdrawal of any kind, and we waited to file for 1 1/2 yrs from the date we stopped paying. If you do bank at a larger bank, it probably wouldn't hurt to open a new acct elsewhere.
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

This money judgement in a court of law you refer to : Is that something I would be aware of before it ocurred ??

Is this a standard practice for creditors ?

Comment

I bank with the credit union where I work.

Comment

You most certainly would know when you get a Judgment. It is a product of a won Court case or default suit.

A Credit Union is very different than a bank as they will shut you out once you file. They cross collateralize as well. If you have no issues with them, you would be fine, but they still may close you out unless you reaffirm. Even if you do not owe them anything. I was with mine for 45 years and was locked until I spoke with them. Had no real problem though. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Just talked to my bank and will be going in 30 min. They told me they will help me. They will freeze any and all auto payments and take care of all outstanding checks as well as open a new acct in my name only that will be in no way tied to the old one. Once the checks clear thay will close it. I am so happy.

Comment

I just removed my account info from all but 4 accounts. Hubby and I each have Bank of America and Discover and both companies require a new valid checking account number before they will remove the old checking.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X