Life starting to feel normal again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life starting to feel normal again

We are done!!! Thank You to everyone that has helped I didn't post alot but sure read alot. I do have a question though how long do we wait till we try to fix the damage w/ our credit. What do you guys suggest to do? We were discharged Aug 31st. Thanks again!!!!

This might not be the best advise but I believe I have figured out here that we need to learn to live on a budget and not use credit unless it is a house. I dont really want any myself....if we dont have the money we dont need it. I have that plastered all over the house, car, motorbike, work, everywhere!!!!!!!! Forgive me but I am so not into credit now since its abuse is what brought me here!

On another note i have read that a secured credit card helps if used properly.

Comment

Congratulations on your new start!

Prepaid cards for us too, in our case anything else just digs a hole.
      8-4-09 Filed pro se Chap 7 (I still can NOT believe I took that first step!:blink:)
      8-25-09 Approved to proceed in forma pauperis.:unsure:
      9-8-09 :dry:Trustee's Report of No Distribution.
      11-18-09 :yahoo: Discharged! :clapping:

Comment

Congrats to the OP!!! Can't wait until we are discharged - only then will I feel truly like we have a fresh start. Our goal is not to reaffirm anything! I love the idea of truly being debt free. We are riding everything out and will pay as long as we are blessed with jobs on our house, one car (giving up 2) and our timeshare. I have thought about what to do to clear up our credit until I remember I don't intend to use it ever again if I can help it. I know everyone's situation is different but we plan to relocate and rent, pay off our 2009 car and keep it until the tires fall off it and get DH a decent work car and hopefully have no need of credit again. At least that is the plan.

I wish you all the best with your fresh start and rebuilding your credit!
        Filed: 8-19-09
        341: 9-21-09
        Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Congratulations!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X