top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The settlement calls are staring to come in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The settlement calls are staring to come in.

One of my CC's called me today and said that they would knock 60% off what I owe if I settle and do not file bankruptcy on them. I told them to call my lawyer that they handle my affairs on this now. They proceeded to tell me that my lawyer would not settle because they get more money for each one they file BK on and that the lawyer does not care about us and our end score after the BK.

Yeah, okay. First of all they would not work with me before I retained, second $1000 off is a drop in the bucket compared to the grand scheme of things, I already paid to retain, and I'm sure my lawyer does not care they are not there to be my friend just to do a job.....and oh yeah my score is going to be bad no matter what.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The straw that broke the camel's back for us was when American Express blue would not work with us. I talked to several people practically begging them not to raise my interest rate from 12.99 to about 29% because I was going to be late on a payment and asked to change my payment due date. Our balance was about $20,000 and minimum payments were $400 a month with the decent rate. I couldn't imagine what we would have owed with that higher rate.

Anyway, they called to settle a few months after we starting missing payments and it made me feel hurt and angry that they wanted to talk then. At that point, I was threw and we had made up our minds to file. Too bad these credit card companies won't work with people when we ask them too.
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

I called all of my CC's and asked for help and in a round about way their reply was to damn bad.

Comment

If you have already decided to file and you are sure that is the path you want to take, then settlement is pointless.

I tried to get a few CC's to give me a break in the interest as well, but they wanted no part of it. That pretty much helped ease the guilt of filing.
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
          I called all of my CC's and asked for help and in a round about way their reply was to damn bad.
          My guess is their thought is if they work with people that word will get around and all kinds of people will stop paying their bills because they know the CC companies will work with them.

As it is, people know they need to do anything they can to pay or their APR will skyrocket and credit score will drop like a rock.

Bottom line... they would rather some people default all the way than for the public to not be scared to death of not paying the bill when due.
          Filed CH13 - 06/2009
          Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Yea...it makes me not feel any remorse about filing. Bastards would not work with me a bit until they found out we are going to file (then some still refused). I just dont think the settlments are low enough to consider yet. Hell, my credit will be farkled anyway no matter what happens at this point so I cant wait to be rid of these leachesand start over. We all can buy our credit back. I just would not recomend it. No more credit for me!!! As long as my house is safe then its game on. With the 2 minor children and its value/ worth I have no doute it is safe. They would rather us just send in the payment every month then have to put another house on the market right now.

Comment

Your lawyer DOESN'T care about your end score. He cares about your best interests, and credit score, quite honestly, doesn't figure in to it.

Most credit card companies try to play off that fear that most people have... "My credit score will be too low, and I will not be able to buy something!" Newsflash... You can't afford it anyways!!!

But, that fear, is about the only thing that the credit card companies have to work with.
              Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
              Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
              If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X