top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before they wanted deficiency due?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long before they wanted deficiency due?

I know a couple that had their truck repossessed. The state law is they hold it for 10 days here.
    The loan is with Ford Motor Credit.
    I am telling them Ford has so many on the lots they will wholesale it most likely very quick and come after them for the balance due which we figure will be around $10 with repo fees.
    About how long do they have before they can garnish wages on something like this?
    They have decided they do want to file Chapter 7 and they will be a no asset case like I was.

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
    I know a couple that had their truck repossessed. The state law is they hold it for 10 days here.
    I am telling them Ford has so many on the lots they will wholesale it most likely very quick and come after them for the balance due which we figure will be around $10 with repo fees.
    About how long do they have before they can garnish wages on something like this?
    They have decided they do want to file Chapter 7 and they will be a no asset case like I was.
    Not sure of the time frame, but Ford Motor Credit would have to win a judgement in court, and have a court order to garnish their wages.
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
      we let a ford car go in may 2009; got the auction paperwork about 30 days letter, another 30 days we got the deficiency balance due. Still haven't paid it. so it's been about 6 months; all they do is send a letter requesting the amount. Haven't even had a call about it.

Our vehicle had about $6500 due with repo fees - the car was in pristine condition with only 4,000 miles and still sold for 14k at auction and we owed 20k on it.
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X