Getting ready for step 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for step 2

I am SO ready to get this thing started and work toward a better life without creditor calls and worrying about being sued.

My wife and I just got done completing the pre-BK counseling thru greenpath. Got an appointment with the att on tue next week at 10 am. I have the filing fee for a retainer (hopfully that is enough) and hope to leave there with some possitive outlook....the start of step 2

The counseler told us that there does not look like any other choice but bK. We are upside down by 300 a month without the unsecured creditors. I felt better about it in a sick way i guess after that. At least we know we pass the means test with flying colors and have no assets of any measurable value.....wish me luck for next week and give me some help on what to ask and watch for please....thanks

Oh yea...also talked with my mortgage company and everything is great and they are even working with me to do a loan mod after I file to lower my rate and knock about 100-150 buck off the payment.

What to watch for is only honesty. Tell all and hide nothing. BK Court is kind as I see it, but if you mess with them, they can be nasty.

Your first step is made, 341 next after the filing and then wait.

The real thing is, make the NEW START work NOW! Train yourselves to your new budget. Live like you will after the discharge and get used to it. You are here because you lived beyond your means. Just like the rest of us. Train yourself out of this. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Already doing the new budget thing and it is working well. Like you said...training.

Why would I mess with them....I have nothing to hide (or take for that matter). If they want the truck and bike, they can have them. I dont think they will take a families only form or transportation though. We have NO savings or assets or any value.

My frst step is made with the accnt close and bill catch up. Now my second is seeing the attny and file. Like I said....what to look for and watch????

Comment

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! Retained an attorney today!!!! She even told me i was the most prepared client she had ever come accross. I have you people to thank for that! She also told me that the bike and truck and all assets are exemp, We pass both means tests with no problems for 7 (our numbers are accually almost identical to theres). I also get to tell all the callers to piss off!!!! I feel good about it!! It was great to disscus everything with her and understand. Also check mated her on a couple of questions. After that she would ask me if I read about what she was going to ask me first. LOL

Comment

On another note I have done so well on our budget that she had to look at the numbers on our expences two or three times before she told us we were ok for 7. It was close...thats a good thing!!!! For us not BK! But never the less they are good now for BK.

Comment

Congrats on your steps to a fresh start.

I truly think the toughest part was making the decision.
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Congrats crash! Now you'll start seeing the light. One foot in front of the other everyday!
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Good luck to you.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats! I'm in the same boat as you right around the same stage. Hopefully both of ours will go smoothly
                  Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
                  Last day for objections 1/22/2010
                  Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                  Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

It was sooo satisfying to finally answer the phone last night.

Comment

I'm sure it was! Our lawyer said to go ahead and give any collectors his number but I just haven't felt like dealing with them yet so I'm still ignoring their calls
                      Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                      Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by readytofile View Post
                        I'm sure it was! Our lawyer said to go ahead and give any collectors his number but I just haven't felt like dealing with them yet so I'm still ignoring their calls
                        Oh yea I am goijng to string a few along as long as I can without telling them. Well Fargo to be precise!! Screw them I want them to try and do something before I nuke em. They will lose more money if they dont know and file suit> Then we will let them know.

Comment

Oh I hear they are nasty! Luckily I don't have anything with them.
                          Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                          Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Congratulations on taking control. You are on the right path and headed in the right direction. It's not an easy path but the fresh start is worth it.

Good luck!
                            CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
                            341 Meeting 4/7/2009
                            Discharged 7/10/2009
                            Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Thanks....well I could not take it anymore. Answered the phone last night on wells. Told them and gave them my atty's number. Went well but did not give him much info other then we were filing and here is the number and told them to have a wonderful evening, I would, then hung up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X