Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A common thread

How many here said "Never, ever, ever, filing bankruptcy?"

I know we were in that camp, fought it for 7 years with job loss, kids with health problems, life hitting us on all sides, living on cash for years to pay every penny to debt a-la-Dave Ramsey...and now here we are. And all I can say is

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! We should have done this years ago and we would be years down the road to our future. But just relieved that I am doing it now.

I think about 99% of us who find our way to this forum have said those very words--and more than once.

We, 'Hub and I, did all the wrong things trying to stave off the inevitable. This included raiding his 401(k) DON'T DO IT FOLKS!!!, cashing in a life insurance policy, selling a piece of land we didn't need to, trying to pay the debt--the land was exempt--and getting hit with a 100% Capital Gains tax. We will be paying off the IRS until the day we die......

There are other incidents, but you get the idea.....
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      I think about 99% of us who find our way to this forum have said those very words--and more than once.

We, 'Hub and I, did all the wrong things trying to stave off the inevitable. This included raiding his 401(k) DON'T DO IT FOLKS!!!, cashing in a life insurance policy, selling a piece of land we didn't need to, trying to pay the debt--the land was exempt--and getting hit with a 100% Capital Gains tax. We will be paying off the IRS until the day we die......

There are other incidents, but you get the idea.....
      My wife and I have cashed out both of our 401K's in the past 3 years, during job changes, to try and get everything under control. I wish we could get all that money back, but i just have to chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Comment

I've been fighting it for 9 years. I've sold so much stuff, stressed so much over possessions, and looking back now, if I would have done this 9 years ago.... you get the picture.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

That would be me. I thought that I would get a second job to pay the bills rather than go BK. Little did I know finding a second job would be impossible. Or that the economy would be so destroyed. I still hate to think of the discharge, and the money and lives work down the drain. But I realize this is not my fault, I did everything I was told to do, invest, work hard many times I did work more than one job, buy a home it is a great tax write off and it is a bank for your retirement a free place to live. All the years of working hard has gotten me no where. But those at the top, they raped the system, then took bailouts, and then condem the COMMON folks for doing so badly with their personal finances? Drives me wacky, but it does make me feel better!! lol

Comment

I don't blame the credit card company. I blame myself. I didn't sell things to pay my credit cards. I just said F it and didn't pay them. I never said I wasn't going to file bankruptcy in my lifetime. I just didn't know enough about it until I had no choice....I then decided to take the plunge and did some research. Turns out it isn't so bad filing bankruptcy.
            Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X