would like some serious advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would like some serious advice!

I am going to pick everyone's brain and use you all as my personal financial guru for a bit. I am single women, no children, I own my own home. The home was last appraised around $92,000 in 2006(?). I owe $69,000 on it. I am in a ch. 13 that will convert to a ch. 7 in June of 2010. I filed ch 7 in 2002--hence waiting until 2010. I have a lot of student loan debt, my atty says that's why I am always in bankrupcy. I don't make enough money(havent found that rich husband yet LOL). I make $30,030 a year before taxes at my full time job alone. I participte in my company 401K. Dave Ramsey advises people like me to not do that until we get on our financial feet. I filed on $10,000 cc debt last year for the ch. 13. My parents constantly bail me out, I'm 41 and they don't mind and never throw it up in my face, I belive the feel sorry for me. They are so sweet. I love them dearly. My mom has $25,000 in cc debt that my dad knows NOTHING about(apple/tree philosphy! LOL) I forgot to mention above that I have $49,000 in sl debt. I work 2 jobs and will be starting a 3rd job tomorrow. (I try people I really do!) I try like hell to save but there is always something needed. help! any words of wisdom. I want to help my mom so badly, she is 70 and I know this is affecting her health. I wanted to refinance my house and pay off her debt with the equity in my home when I file ch7 in 2010...she insists that I dont do that. Okay enough about me.....

I guess what I was thinking is...what would Suze Orman tell me to do? What would Mary Hunt and Dave Ramsey or Jean Chatzky tell me?

Comment

You probably won't like what I would do if I were in your situation, but here it is.
      Sell your home, move in with your parents and you can help them. You could pay them rent which would help them, and then you could also work to pay down your student loan debt and save a nice little nest egg. It could easily be a win-win situation.
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X