Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA Today quote

This was from an article in this weekends USA Today newspaper

Ruth Susswein, a deputy director of Consumer Action, an advocacy group, said she sees a "direct link" between banks' rate hikes and their rising default rates. The industry, she added, is "transforming healthy customers into unhealthy ones."

This is so true for us. We were never late, always paid more then the minimum and never missed a payment. Bank of America closed our account with a balance and our credit score started to fall. Every other creditor followed suit and the snowball started rolling downhill. Now we will file chapter 7 in December.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
    This was from an article in this weekends USA Today newspaper

Ruth Susswein, a deputy director of Consumer Action, an advocacy group, said she sees a "direct link" between banks' rate hikes and their rising default rates. The industry, she added, is "transforming healthy customers into unhealthy ones."

This is so true for us. We were never late, always paid more then the minimum and never missed a payment. Bank of America closed our account with a balance and our credit score started to fall. Every other creditor followed suit and the snowball started rolling downhill. Now we will file chapter 7 in December.

Us too! BofA was our first and then it started. BofA was our oldest account and they were the worst. They were also the first to try to settle for a lesser amount when we quit paying. It all doesn't add up. To me if feels like they are pushing people into this position.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Chase did it to me. I was never late, and always paid more than the minimum payment. Then they jacked the minimum payment from 2% to 5%, and I could no longer make the minimums.

They would not reduce the payments, so I sent the money they would have gotten to the attorney and filed.

In hindsight, it was the best thing I could have done considering everything.

Thanks Chase!!!

Lol!
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Chase Chased me to BK court after they rate-jacked and citi followed closely...never late, never over limit...now they will never get another nickle from me
        7-2-2009 Filed
        8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
        10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X