Cease and Detist Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cease and Detist Letter

OK, November 16th I will be missing my first payment in 7 years on the only debt I have, a 15K cc debt, made every payment never missed or late for 7 years they have made about 20k in interest on me. Screw em, I cant do it anymore.

Now comes the question, a credit counselor told me I can send the cc company a cease and desist letter saying they cannot call my home and only contact me in writing.

My friends think this is a horrible idea because it will piss them off and make them start legal action sooner than they normally would. Friends say deal with calls, I made the bed sleep in it.

What say you BKers?

The one problem is that I am DEAF and take care of elderly mom, SHE IS THE ONE WHO WILL BE ANSWERING THE PHONE and getting harrassed, so that is why I wanted to PREVENT THAT.

Comments appreciated.
    Last edited by percy; 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM.

Originally posted by percy View Post
    OK, November 16th I will be missing my first payment in 7 years on the only debt I have, a 15K cc debt, made every payment never missed or late for 7 years they have made about 20k in interest on me. Screw em, I cant do it anymore.

Now comes the question, a credit counselor told me I can send the cc company a cease and detist letter saying they cannot call my home and only contact me in writing.

My friends think this is a horrible idea because it will piss them off and make them start legal action sooner than they normally would. Friends say deal with calls, I made the bed sleep in it.

What say you BKers?

The one problem is that I am DEAF and take care of elderly mom, SHE IS THE ONE WHO WILL BE ANSWERING THE PHONE and getting harrassed, so that is why I wanted to PREVENT THAT.

Comments appreciated.
    You should send your creditor a cease and desist letter and let them know to communicate with you via mail and not to make phone calls. There are lots of information about how to keep creditors at bay on this forum. Maybe Treehugger or BB2U will chime in and give you some tips. I sent out my C&Ds to my creditors and the phone did not ring off like crazy.
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Yes would love more info on this. TY!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X