1st lawyer interview (Opinions please!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st lawyer interview (Opinions please!)

So I met with my first consultation today and I was NOT impressed. The lawyer was LATE, had not reviewed any information we sent over in advance, made us wait 30 min while he tried to "locate" our file ...

THEN he told us this...

1.Due to our business lawsuit we do not require a means test

2. However the trustee may see our income and make an exception for force us into a ch 13

3. He "suggusted" I quit my job and enroll in school so that we only had 1 income and more expenses ... WHAT!

4. He said the possibility with me still working would most likely force us into a ch 11???

HELP HELP HELP!

Chapter 11????

DUMP that guy. C 11 is business bk. He either is 'winging' it or incompetent. Keep shopping. 'Hub

Edit: P.S. Never quit a job in this kind of economy. How ludicrous.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Go see another attorney. If you need a Chapter 11, there is no way around it and most consumer bankruptcy attorneys do not do them.
      I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

Yes I am extremely confused, he said that we have to find a way to get our monthly expenses higher and our take home pay lower and the best way to legally do this would be to elimanate my job ( I make approx 1200 mo after taxes) and having a school tuition would add to our "outgoing" expenses.

Ahhh.... I am so discouraged!

Comment

You're a better candidate for a Chapter 11 than a Chapter 7 based on your previous posts.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

ok- so I know nothing about ch 11. Where is a good source on information to research this?

Comment

Originally posted by lostindebt View Post
              ok- so I know nothing about ch 11. Where is a good source on information to research this?
              Chapter 11 is business bk. It is easy to define, just Google it. It is a lot like c 13 a reorganization and your suppliers must supply and not repo, but they can insist on cash payments for new stock. You work your way out of it and into a healthy business. That is the end game anyway. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X