Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Tomorrow in the Ozarks in MO & scared

Any last minute advice?

We had ours in Sept in St. Louis. We dreaded it and didn't sleep for a long before that date. Our lawyer kept reassuring us that everything will be ok. We got there early and watched for a bit. The lady trustee seemed to be moving them in and out. When we were called, it probably lasted 5-6 minutes. Not long at all. She was very nice; not at all like I expected .

That was our experience on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
      Any last minute advice?
      Hey Mom, you've been around long enough to know, 341 is "a piece of cake". The only ones who ever have trouble are borderline 7s usually. Or they are not prepared at all. We watch one lady pro se and she didn't even bring her SS card, her name was wrong on the applications (divorced and attempted to use maiden name without name change) and just about did everything wrong. The Trustee however, was soft spoken, and kind to her. He explained her failings in a way that would not offend or embarrass her.

Most human beings are good. Only the bad ones stand out. You are likely percentage wise to get a normal good person. Quit your worry. 'Hub

P.S. Later tell us how foolish you feel for worrying after your meeting. LOL.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If you are in the Ozarks I assume you will have your 341 in Springfield. We had ours in June and it lasted maybe 5 minutes. Besides the usual questions and copies of our SS #'s and drivers liscense, the only question asked was for a copy of our deed of trust which our attorney already had and provided immediately and she had a question about why my wife's pay was higher in May. Attorney told her she would check it out and then told trustee' rep that there were 5 pay periods in May. Trustee said yes that makes sense. 341 was easier than I could have imagined. Just get there early and listen to what the others say and you will have an idea of what is asked. Probably the dozen or so that went before us only one lasted maybe 10 minutes. This guy was questioned by a creditor about a truck he owned or sold. Everyone else was in and out in under 5 minutes. If your lawyer knows his/her stuff, you will kick yourself about why you streesed so much about the 341 meeting.

Comment

Thanks for the imput. And yes, it will be Springfield area. Since I have had very little good luck recently, I am afraid this will not work out so well... lol But, what choice do I have but to go? lol

Comment

Originally posted by momisery View Post
            Thanks for the imput. And yes, it will be Springfield area. Since I have had very little good luck recently, I am afraid this will not work out so well... lol But, what choice do I have but to go? lol
            Come back tomorrow, same time, same place, and then you will tell us all how foolish you were for thinking the worst. LOL. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I hope so.... Thanks for the support...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X