Nervous tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous tonight

Well we turned in all of our paperwork to the attorney today and he is suppose to file tomorrow. No going back now....very nervous though now that it is actually time to file.

Thanks to everyone who has posted great information to search out here and to those that responded to the few threads I started regarding my questions.
    Filed Chapter 7: 10/29/09 341 Meeting: 12/02/09
    UST involved: 12/12/09 UST out: 1/10/10
    Last day for objections: 2/01/10 Discharged: 2/8/10

Originally posted by Llelxon View Post

Nervous tonight

Well we turned in all of our paperwork to the attorney today and he is suppose to file tomorrow. No going back now....very nervous though now that it is actually time to file.

Thanks to everyone who has posted great information to search out here and to those that responded to the few threads I started regarding my questions.
    Get yourself some nerve tonic:

Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
      I like the way you think.....if only you were an IN lawyer!

Comment

Making the decision is often the worst part of this process.
        Relax and breathe!

Comment

You will amazed at how relieved you will feel after a week or so and your phone is no longer ringing off the hook from bill collectors calling! Don't worry about it, it will be fine.
          Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
          Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
          Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

My collection calls stopped within two days of filing...that was a relief in itself. My payments are livable, and my 341 hearing today was a piece of cake. I am smiling, happy and generally have much less stress. I am sure you will too. The worst part for me was the "stigma" of bankruptcy, but I realise it was a series of events largely out of my control that put me here, and seeing the others in the 341 today, and talking to people on this board I know that we are not bad people. It will get better!
            Filed 9/14/09
            Confirmed 12/11/09

Comment

You'll be fine....hang in there and get some sleep tonight!
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Llelxon same here. We signed yesterday and should file either tomorrow or day after. Yikes! What a strange feeling. Good Luck!

Comment

My kind of lawyer!

Good luck with your filing.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

That's funny, when I interviewed for a job with Gene Harlow in Grenada he pulled out a bottle of brandy and started drinking.

He offered me a drink too, but I declined.

Stigma of bankruptcy? This is one thing I don't understand, its not like you have to walk around with a Giant Red B on your shirt.

Can someone explain from the client-side what the stigma of bankruptcy is?
                    I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

You will have tremendous relief.
                      best to you . . .
                      Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
                      Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
                      341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                      Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JimKutkowski View Post
                        That's funny, when I interviewed for a job with Gene Harlow in Grenada he pulled out a bottle of brandy and started drinking.

He offered me a drink too, but I declined.
                        Did you get the job?
                        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Jim. To answer your question but I can only speak for myself... Dont live extravagantly but comfortable for a small town girl. Divorced , in my late 40's, mother of 2 kids in there 20's . At present I have a fairly good job for my area with a utility company. Been there 28 yrs and have had many, many different positions. 2 yrs ago I was given the option of moving to Columbus,Ohio (didnt want too for many reasons) or be in the unemployment line. At the time I was driving 110 miles a day round trip to work. Let me tell ya gas was very expensive at the time and I charged alot on my credit cards. So anyway I was able to (thank god) secure an open position 10 min from my home with the same company and doubled my income. WOW someone was watching over me ...but in the meantime being divorced, raising 2 kids, one being involved in drugs & stealing me blind , selling anything I had of value, and some very bad "gotta have it now" moments I ended up with around $ 40,000 in credit card debt which I will never pay off in this lifetime.
                          So I filed bankruptcy... Now everyone around me (neighbors,friends,family ect ) thinks wow, she has a great job, nice little house with the white picket fence, older but nice vehicle. IF THEY ONLY KNEW !!!!! I am stressed about money all the time, robbing peter to pay paul, have very little left after paying bills and so on. So my feeling is if they knew the truth, they would be like OMG I cant believe it... I have got to the point where I really dont care what other people think I had to do what I had to do.. Hope that helps ya a little bit to understand the stigma ..
                          Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                          Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                          Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Well I have to say in regards to the stigma that I told my parents and they said "You weren't raised that way" implying that my whole family pays their bills...never mind the other numerous problems that torment the family....so there is a definite stigma with my family...

Comment

Originally posted by Llelxon View Post
                              Well I have to say in regards to the stigma that I told my parents and they said "You weren't raised that way"
                              My mama says that if I put my elbows on the table.

If that's the worst thing that happens, that's a good day.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X