top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going through bankruptcy AND forclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going through bankruptcy AND forclosure?

I am going through both right now. I'm just waiting for my discharge papers for the bankruptcy. I'm still waiting on getting a notice on my condo for foreclosure. My mtg atty's have a court date for 11-25 this month.

So, my biggest fear is getting approved for an apartment. Most of them are saying you need to be discharged. But with the foreclosure process, does that have to done before getting an apartment? SOme say it's not necessary. Has anyone gone through this?

going on right now!

Hello,

I am in Michigan and my discharge date is "due" today.... I just checked pacer, and I'm not discharged yet. I am going through foreclosure and was looking for a place to rent. I found something for my family last month, and we are moving this weekend.

The person I talked with (when asking about the property) was one of the owners of the property management place. He said "And you have good credit?" I told him straight up what was going on financially, and that I was looking for a place to start over again. He said to go ahead and submit my application and a security deposit and they would start the processing of the application.

When I handed the application to the secretary the next day, she also said "and your credit is good?" I told HER about the bankruptcy... she looked a little surprised... and said... You told Ed about that? I said "Yes" and she said... "Ok." I received a call the next day saying I was approved.

My advice, don't make them dig for your current situation. They will find out, and if they already know it, it won't be as big of a shock when they find it!

That is my opinion (and what has worked for me)... take what you like, and leave the rest!
    341 September 2, 2009 (5 minutes)
    Last day to object: November 2, 2009
    Discharged: November 3, 2009
    Closed: December 2, 2009! I'm done!!!!

Comment

I moved out 9 months ago, foreclosure process began. Found a place before credit took a big hit, but we ended up BK'ing too for various reasons.

News is that rental vacancies are the highest in 30 years. Places are desparate for tenants. Places that were trying to be marketed as condos suddenly turned to rentals again. You will be fine. Rentals are falling over themselves for business. Just be upfront, and if you happen to run into a place that snubs you for BK or FC, just move on. They're the minority right now (and probably on the brink of BK themselves, lol!)

In hindsight, from a financial standpoint, I should have stayed in my place to the bitter end. But from an emotional/psychological standpoint, we needed to go and we're better off. People here talk a lot about $$ and the business end of things, but don't forget your mental and physical health as well. Sometimes it's not worth it.
      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X