Had my 341 Wells Fargo calls about DIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 Wells Fargo calls about DIL

So, we are letting this rental home go back to Wells FArgo,.. it was our home, but we no longer live there. I had mentioned before we tried short sales, and DIL with WF, and they simply lost our paperwork, never returned calls it was a nightmare. The day after the 341 WF calls and wants to offer us a DIL> Hubby called them back after talking to the attorney. We use to pay our taxes and insurance in our payment, however we stopped paying on this place early in 2009. I think the taxes and insurance are paid from the previous years, so I think we have coverage because normally if you over pay they return the escrow money to you. Anyhow, the guy at WF told us we had mortgage insurance, or they do, I am not sure. And he wanted us to sign something that we would be responsible for 1800 and then they would do the DIL and we would not have to pay the 1800, it was an policy is all. I am not sure what the call was since I was not on it, but in light of how they treated us I am not in to helping them one little bit. Especially if it will cost us? We don't have any money .. geesh. Since we are doing a BK, and they are on it would it be a problem? Or does anyone here have an experience like this with them or another lender? I am just trying to figure it out.

You have been discharged (or soon to be discharged) from this debt in your BK, right?
    Don't sign anything with Wells Fargo for a DIL. I am assuming you have surrendered the home in your BK. This gets rid of any deficiency with your loan.

Wells Fargo WILL try to get you to sign something to reobligate yourself to them, this is normal SOP for them. Yes, they have mortgage insurance even if you are not paying for mortgage insurance, Wells Fargo puts on a lender paid policy. It will not affect you at all since you have filed BK. With the BK neither Wells Fargo nor the mortgage insurance company can come after you for the deficiency. Just let them have the house.

If you have questions or doubts, contact your attorney. But I wouldn't sign anything to pay Wells Fargo one dime after having been discharged from the debt.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes, we have an attorney, but after the 341 he is pretty much worthless. I have talked to him persoanlly 1 time for the meeting, and then the 341. Hubby 3 times including the interview. I did 2 emails to his office prior to the 341 and that is about all we got. His office called hubby and asked if WF could contact us. Hubby said yet because the atty office said there would be no harm in talking to them. They of course discussed this thing they wanted us to sign that promised 1800 or something and when hubby called the atty office he said he didn't think it would hurt via his reception. So, since I don't like not hearing it from the atty, and not sure that he is still working for us after the 341, I am afraid to do anything, and certainly I will not sign anything to give them more money. They could have done the short sale and we would not be in bk.. now they have waited until the darn place is work 12500.00 less and now they want a dil.. thanks for the reply.. I doubt I will bother calling them back.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X