• Show
Clear All

what are my chances of getting sued...

my debt is as follows:
    3k for Sears (Citi)
    1700 Credit Union
    1200 Wells Fargo
    900 Juniper

I also might have to let my car lease go, I have 5500 in remaining car payments.

i'm unable to make my monthly payments but unable to file Chp 7 until 2011 (I filed in 2003)

My question is, since this isn't a huge amount of debt, how likely am I to get sued? what about a judgement? Until I can file in 2011, what am I facing if I stop paying?

Nobody can tell you with any degree of certainty if or even when you'll get sued.
    Seems like Citi and the car lease holder will be the most aggressive. If a judgment is returned against you, the judgment holder can garmish wages if your state law allows it and levy your bank account. Were I you, I'd go to a cash only existence.

Comment

this may sound like a stupid question, but, cash only existence starting NOW, or should I wait till I get sued?

they can lock my checking account w/o a court order? i dont think so.....

Comment

Many people have automatic deposit or withdrawals from their accounts.

These take a bit of time to change if you plan to go cash only. Although you CAN wait until you get the court order, it wouldn't be the wisest thing to do.
        The only one who will end up short changed would be yourself if you don't allow enough time to make whatever changes need to be done to your accounts.

I wish you the best
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X