Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee

How far does a trustee go to find out your assets? My husband owns several guns which we did not tell the lawyer about. We still haven't filed but are thinking of doing it soon. See, my husband will NOT surrender these for nothing. They are probably worth $3,000.
    Thanks
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Originally posted by EdytaHome
    How far does a trustee go to find out your assets? My husband owns several guns which we did not tell the lawyer about. We still haven't filed but are thinking of doing it soon. See, my husband will NOT surrender these for nothing. They are probably worth $3,000.
    Thanks
    It depends..... if the details of your BK petition raises a lot of red flags, then more action may be taken to determine any/all assets one has to fulfill debts.

Good Luck!
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

This is America, I own a gun. You can always obtain more guns. Why complicate things. I'm for confiscating baseball bats. The ATF, well, my cold dead fingers and all that, the Trustee, not a civil rights issue... let 'em go, unless they are heirlooms with a history, then turn them over to a trusted family member.
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Thanks, I guess other than filing BK on 2 houses and a home equity loan, (0$ equity in both houses) it should be pretty straight forward. I hope. As for the guns, I wish it was that simple but he's very persistant about them. I think we should be OK as far as the exemptions and being able to keep them, I just don't want the trustee to say that they are not a necessity and he should give them up to pay off creditors.
        So, my question to you again is, does the trustee do a backround check with the police department which would be the only way to find out about the guns.
        Edyta...
        Discharged April 2005

Comment

There is no reason to think the trustee would check for gun ownership if you did not list guns on your asset list.

Comment

My husband claimed 2 guns. He still has them both. No questions ask. One is a family heirloom.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X