What? house and bk? years difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? house and bk? years difference?

We sold our last home in '99 and relcoated 2 hours away... everything was fine how they were reporting it... NOW... The old mortage company states it was included in a chapt 7? We fild 7 in '08/'09...
    I dont even know how they found out.. (9-10 years later)...
    What should I do? Or does it not matter? We want another house in 2-3 years... and wonder how this will effect us

thanks
    chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
    9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Contact lawyer

Your best bet is to contact your bankruptcy attorney asap.
    Credit sources are doing everything they can to hurt people's credit rating right now. Believe me I've been in an open chapter 13 for over 3 years and have faced many issues with creditors. I am having a creditor listed on my bankruptcy trying to harass me into paying a debt that is included on my case. I have contacted my attorney. She sent them a certified letter stating to stop contacting us. This didn't stop the collection agency. They called my husband at work, wrote letters. I complained to my state's attorney general office with no luck. I finally contact the FTC about this company. They got the message that they were going to be sued for harassment. It's also important to periodically check your credit report. My husband and I purchased a car this last summer after our other car went bad. I checked our credit report and found alot of errors of the report. Some information or creditors who are listed on the petition were not listed as being included on the bankruptcy. I contacted the credit agency and reported the errors. As a matter of fact, I have to contact the credit agency. My husband's old checking account is still listed as a debt. The debt is listed in our plan. You have to be proactive even in an chapter 7.
    Creditors are doing everything in their power to get money before the new credit laws take effect in February 2010. Contact your attorney to make sure all the information is correct on your case. Best wishes.

Comment

Dispute with the credit agencies (Transunion, Experian etc). Send your dispute CMRRR. If the tradeline is not corrected, send a dispute letter directly to the creditor to correct. If it is still not corrected, you can sue under FDCPA violations. Read the forums in this website to get more detailed info: www.creditinfocenter.com
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X