Chase lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase lawsuit

My wife received a summons for a lawsuit regarding a Chase account, it was received on Oct 26th, and looks like we are nearing the 30th day.

What happens after a default judgement is entered? How long before they can garnish wages and put a hold on our bank account? We live in GA, just outside Atlanta

We were hoping to hold out a bit longer to file BK but looks like our hand is being forced early. Is there anything we can do or is it best at this point contacting an attorney and starting BK, to complicate this we did online means test looking back 6 months and with my old salary(I am unemployed since Spetember) would have to file 13 and do not want to do this so were holding out. No way will I make salary like I made before IF I got another job

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by symancm; 11-17-2009, 07:15 AM.

Just depends on Ga. state law and how fast the creditor moves to enforce the judgment. For darn sure close out that bank account and go to cash and at the same time, get yourself to an attorney and start planning a filing date.

Comment

Is it possible that you can ask them to verify the debt? That slows them down a bit and puts them in the position of trying to prove your debt. Maybe it would buy you some time. I've not paid on our credit cards since Feb 09. I have had 2 letters giving me 30 days or go to court. I requested verification of the debt and they left me alone. Not to say that my time in a courtroom isn't coming--because it will. But maybe its bought me some time??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X