Calls coming in from individual phone lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calls coming in from individual phone lines

If I don't recognize the phone number I don't answer, however I do look online to see where the calls came from.

Interestingly (out of the about 40 calls that come in on a daily basis) two just came in, one from CA, the other from UT, and both are individual numbers, identifying the callers private name.

I don't know either one, and hence assume that it's from some collection.

Anybody else has experienced getting phone calls from individual numbers ?

I get calls from Utah that say "unkown", I answered and it was Discover.
    ==================================
    Filed: 4-30-2010
    341 Complete: 6-16-2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

unplug the phone. problem solved.
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Call them and ask them.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I've googled all the numbers coming in and all the ones that are collections have the same ring tone different from my regular calls, that way I know who it is without even looking at the phone and just completely ignore the call.

Comment

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
            I've googled all the numbers coming in and all the ones that are collections have the same ring tone different from my regular calls, that way I know who it is without even looking at the phone and just completely ignore the call.
            Can you set the ring tone to silent for one you think is collections?
            Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread yesterday! Initially the collections calls I got were from (800) numbers, then they all said "Unknown", then they resorted to calling from 'regular' numbers (usually one in my local vicinity), and finally I was getting calls on my cell phone from "myself"... It would come up as my voicemail calling.

I used to go to www.switchboard.com and look up each number before I called it back, but I have since changed my number with a recent move and haven't gotten a call in nearly 60 days.
              Life is the one lesson that must be learned, yet cannot be taught... I find myself trying to complete this chapter and move on to the next as quickly and painlessly as I can...

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                Can you set the ring tone to silent for one you think is collections?
                I was trying to do just that so I wouldn't have to hear my phone go off every 5 minutes but it won't let me. I just picked the quietest shortest ring tone possible.

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                  unplug the phone. problem solved.
                  Or go buy one of those prepaid minute phones.
                  Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I don't answer the phone unless it is from a local number or a person that I know. Everything else goes right to voice mail where I identify myself and ask for you to leave a message.

The only ones that have left messages are NCO and Encore. All of the other robo callers just hang up.
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X