Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad situation

kinda the same old story:

have a house, lost job, couldn't pay for it, got a job but still couldn't pay for it, got my old job back but lender doesn't want to work with me. they want me to pay all the back owed and then some before i pick up the payments. came home one day and the locks were changed out. moved in with my girlfriend.

here's where it get s a little weird.... got my girlfriend pregnant and now she wants to get married before the baby comes.

i still haven't been served on the house. i want to get married but from what i've searched on here her income will be looked at as well? she makes alot more than i do, and on my own i should have been able to file for chapter 7 no problem. i really don't want to file chapter 13.

do i have this straight. anything else i should know or do? is filing and getting it closed in 7 months even remotely obtainable?

oh yeah i'm in Florida if that matters.

Welcome to the forum! You are in the right place. If you get moving on your filing, you can probably be done with it in four months. The timing with bankruptcy after you file is about three months. If you are in an area that is backlogged, it may take a bit longer. I recommend you meet with a few lawyers for free consults and hire one that you feel comfortable with. There are several posts in regards to the type of questions to ask. Congrats on your upcoming new arrival.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X