What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do

We have 2 homes - we rent out one and just break even - the value is probably 95,000 - 100,000 and we owe 92,000 - we owe 209,000 on the home we live in and have a HELOC for another 48,000 - way upside down - can they strip the HELOC in Ohio? I am trying to find a good attorney right now and have been turned away from 2 because of the multiple properties - we would love to sell our rental if possible - but I cant afford to carry it until it sells!
    We also have about 86,000 in credit cards and personal loans that are costing me about 1500.00 per month - i cant do it anymore - my income is about 90,000.
    The more I read chapter 13 is the way for me to go - but i am concerned about how much they will allow me to keep monthly to live on. We have 5 children and we do not have lots of material things (no flat screens and flashy jewelry) - my car is paid for value is probably 2500.00 and my wife has a leased car up in April -
    I am going out of my mind trying to pay all of this debt and I just feel like a failure for not being able to do so.
    Any idea what i can expect if i file chapter 13 on what my Trustee payments would be?

Nobody can tell you what your payments will be until, you fill out schedules I and J and see what sort of monthly disposable income {MDI} you have. Also, keep in ind that in a 13, unsecured creditors can't receive less than they'd have gotten in a Chapter 7 so, applicable exemptions have to be applied.
    Most bk lawyers give free or lowcost initial consultations. Speak with a few and get all of your options explained.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X