top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally opened a new checking account today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally opened a new checking account today!

I was so stressed about opening a new account afraid they would pull my credit score or something like that. Went to a credit union and it took all of 10 minutes. Got my automatic deposits switched over so lets hope it is all taken care of.

Congrats! I did the same thing about a month ago. Interestingly though Wachovia would not approve a checking account for me. They did do a credit check but luckily we went with a credit union and had no problem!

Comment

We just opened one with National City and if you do direct deposit you get $300! This is in Ohio, so I'm not sure about other states...

Comment

i havent had a checking account since filing bk lol , over 4 years ago. Only tried once and was told i had to have a 700 score, which i eveidently didnt with filing bk

Comment

Wow! A 700 score? That's seems crazy. Most people don't have a score that high. You can apply online for accounts and if you're denied, at least you don't have the embarassment of seeing someone face to face.

I know someone who has horrible credit and applied online with Chase and got a free checking account in a matter of minutes! It is possible.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X