Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed

Hello all,

We are most likely facing a BK 7 in the near future. I have accepted a new job starting in Feb which requires a move. The income is not any more (actually a bit less) than I make now as a W9 contractor. Our home here is way underwater as a result of a second mortgage taken out a couple of years ago to buy a commercial building (which has been for sale for a year). Our home is also recently listed and will no doubt be a short sale according to the real estate agent. My question is: Would there be any reason not to accept the job and rent a home prior to filing BK? Should I wait until after the move? We have not been able to pay minimums on all of our CC debt for six months now.
    Thanks to all for there insight here on this forum.

Go ahead and accept the job and move.
    Don't worry abut a short sale. Just include the home in your bk filing.

Comment

If the move is out of state, you need to consider potential changes to your available exemptions. Also, if you move states, you'll need to wait at least 90 days to file BK in that state.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBankrupt33 View Post
        If the move is out of state, you need to consider potential changes to your available exemptions. Also, if you move states, you'll need to wait at least 90 days to file BK in that state.
        Two years to get the new state's exemptions.
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Advice Needed

The move is still in the State (fla)

Comment

Originally posted by kwcapt View Post
            The move is still in the State (fla)
            No reason not to, provided you are not trying to get a different trustee. I believe it's 180 days in GA to be able to change districts.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X