top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here been sued by GE Money Bank or Target Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here been sued by GE Money Bank or Target Visa?

If so how long from when you stopped paying them until you got sued, and what was your balance. I heard that Target is pretty hardcore and we have a balance with them of 3,900 our GE Money bank is only 500. I am hoping they don't catch up to us before we file in February. Worst case scenario we will be filing May the latest, but we have already stopped paying all our CCs. I know every creditor is different but I just wanted to get an idea.

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
    If so how long from when you stopped paying them until you got sued, and what was your balance. I heard that Target is pretty hardcore and we have a balance with them of 3,900 our GE Money bank is only 500. I am hoping they don't catch up to us before we file in February. Worst case scenario we will be filing May the latest, but we have already stopped paying all our CCs. I know every creditor is different but I just wanted to get an idea.
    i haven't seen anyone on this board sued by target, and maybe a couple GE?

I had a GE card; balance about $3,500. Never sued. Stopped paying in Aug, filed Oct..

Also, i stopped paying all other CC's in Feb 2009, filed Oct 2009- no suits filed.
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Stopped paying GE Money in August, filed in Dec. Never heard anything from them.
      Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
      "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

i have 2 GE's. They were the first ones to send to a CA, right at 60 days past due. No lawsuits yet, and both are with law firms now
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
          i have 2 GE's. They were the first ones to send to a CA, right at 60 days past due. No lawsuits yet, and both are with law firms now
          How long has it been since you have paid them?

Comment

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
            How long has it been since you have paid them?
            february 09
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

CRAP! Target

I was served with a summons in July 09 by Target National Bank for my Visa. I owe around 8k. I also have 12 or 13 other cc's, stopped paying in Dec 08 and Target is the only one who has served me.

I filed an answer in August, say that I could neither confirm or deny because I needed proof, or something like that. When I filed my answer (pro se) I checked a box for "request a hearing" not sure why, guess I really didn't know what I was doing. Anyhow, I have been checking the courts website (here in Gwinnett County, GA) on a weekly basis since August, and thought maybe they just forgot about it, or the lawyer for target was just too busy and today I check and it says there is a Bench Trial on January 13th!!!!! CRAP.

I was trying to put off bk as long as possible. (we own a car worth prob. 12k, and another around 3k) and also are trying to get a loan mod through our credit union so didn't really want to file yet.

Now I have no idea what to do.

I guess Target is really tough because out of all the cards, they were the only ones who have even bothered so far.

Comment

I was at 6 months of nonpayment to GE when I filed. All I got from them was about 45 million phone calls and a lot of letters. The last letter I got told me that my payment due was $2800.00, but if I would only send in $240.00, I would be current again.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  I was at 6 months of nonpayment to GE when I filed. All I got from them was about 45 million phone calls and a lot of letters. The last letter I got told me that my payment due was $2800.00, but if I would only send in $240.00, I would be current again.
                  lol That's funny.
                  Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
                  Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
                  Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
                  341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

I got sued by GEMB almost a year after I stopped paying; this is NJ where it's fairly easy for them to sue. They use an outside law firm.

Target never bothered me, perhaps because at some point I convinced someone that I was planning to file BK so I was treated as a BK, the same thing with Capital One.

Target's credit card receivables are 50% owned by Chase, if what I read in the financial press is correct.
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

GEMB file a suit against us in November after we stopped paying them in January. The account in question is a $4,800 debt. We also have another account with them near $3,500 but no action taken on it yet.

I waited 26 days and filed my answer last week denying the allegations. I haven't heard from them or the court since but I plan to have my bk filed by January so it will become a moot case.
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

While I ponder my next move I stopped paying the three (2 BoA and one GEMB) accounts that have been destroying my credit with chasing/APR increases, while not allowing me to use them.

I stopped paying them this month; last payment everyone got was in November. The account for GE was only 2 weeks late when they began the barrage of phone calls with no messages. Not sure how fast they move for the rest as my big adventure has just begun. BoA has called once a day, and left VMs on my handy dandy 14.99 prepaid cell bought for this purpose.

Not sure how long they will take to sue or if they will. BoA seems really keen on talking to me. I know there is nothing they can offer that will make me want to pay; the principle has long been paid off.
                        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

We were sued by GEMB after two years of nonpayment.

They only got serious about the judgment after the third year, and got a court order for a debtor's exam. It was scheduled for today, I think, but we already filed Ch 7.
                          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I owed about 8K on a Target Visa and about 4K to GEMoney for Sears, I think. Stopped paying in Sept 08 and filed in June 09, nothing from either of
                            them but the usual letters and calls.
                            Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X