top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that have or had paper checks.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you that have or had paper checks.....

Did you just deposit only what was needed in the account so it showed a lower balance on filing day, and paid everything in cash (Gas,groceries,cell bills, utilities)? I assume that when the trustee sees my deposits compared to my check stubs he is going to question it. If I keep my check on direct deposit and pay everything with my debit card, then my balance may not be low enough on filing day, cause the trustee doesn't care about what is pending to be paid right? It takes my bank forever to clear debit transactions.

Or, use money orders made out to whomever you pay. That way you have a paper trail of what you sent the money on.

Comment

Does your bank have an online bill pay? At both the bank and credit union where I have accounts, when I use the online bill pay the money leaves my account immediately and the payee gets their money in a few days. All of the details about who I paid and how much will show up on the bank statement and I don't have to wait days/weeks for a check or debit card purchase to clear.

Comment

I pulled all of my cash out and paid bills with it. I brought copies of all of the receipts with me to the 341 and the trustee did ask about the withdrawals and asked for the receipts. He just looked at them and said, OK, you paid bills with it, that's fine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X