New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hi all. First time poster, long time lurker.

Just took the plunge and filed joint Chapter 7 on 12/11/2009. 341 scheduled for 01/07/2010. Debt amounts climbed to almost $50,000 (mostly CC debt). Reaffirming a mortgage that's current. Little to no assets that the trustee would be interested in.

Prior to filing I tried to work with the individual creditors and tried to negotiate payment plans but none wanted to commit to a plan in writing prior to me sending a payment.

I want to thank everyone in the forums for their contributions in the forums as there is a lot of good information on here.

Debt: $50,000
    Lawyer fee: $1600
    Court filing fee: $299
    Amending petition: $76

Anticipation of discharge: priceless!
    Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
    Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Welcome to the show. We're glad you're here.

Good luck!
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Welcome! We haven't made a move yet. We did fire off the first shot though. (stopped paying CC bills) and are awaiting return fire. (other then calls).

We have talked with 11 lawyers though and one is consider "our lawyer" just no money exchanging hands yet. (his advise to our situation is lets wait a little while longer) They way he explained it to us, it is the best course of action for us right now.
      In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

Wishing you the best, debthater.

I filed Chapter 7 and went to my 341 hearing. Trustee filed no asset case, but UST filed a statement of presumed abuse yesterday. I am so very sick to my stomach, I tell you. I have an email into my attorney as to the next step. I hope yours turns out better than mine is turning out.

Comment

Originally posted by LALADY View Post
          Trustee filed no asset case, but UST filed a statement of presumed abuse yesterday.
          I'm also concerned of this happening although my lawyer, who's also a trustee in the local district court (still not sure if that's good or bad), doesn't seem to have issue with it. None of the credit cards have been used in almost 5 months prior to filing and they are coming close to 180 days past due.

None to the credit cards had any extravagant charges on them, toward the end they were used primarily to pay the necessary expenses such as telephone and cable, insurance, etc, so I would have the money to pay the CC's. The only red flag I would think would be raised is a $600 charge in June for airline tickets to visit my (at the time) dying grandmother.

On my 341 meeting notice it does state "The presumption of abuse does not arise", not that it means much.

The only problem I anticipate is recent attempts to make deals with the devil, or in this case Chase, on "verbally agreeing" to payment plans but not following through and them saying I made false statements to them that were allegedly recorded. Not that they haven't lied to me at all . Hopefully they will see that if it's not in writing, it didn't exist. Being there really isn't that much intelligence with anyone I spoke to at Chase, I'm not holding my breath.
          Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
          Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X