Sams Club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sams Club?

I found an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone has more recent experience. When we file, our Sam's Club line of credit will be included in our bankruptcy. Will we still be able to use our Sam's Club membership and pay cash? I'm scared to go in there already since we're two months behind on our payments. I don't want them to deny me and my cart full of groceries and have to do the walk of shame to the door. We have a large family, so it helps us out a lot to shop there.

I closed the sam's credit card over the phone and told them that I am gonna keep my membership.
    They closed my card and told me just go to the store and have a new card made for you( just tell them that you closed the credit card, that is all) Guys in the store can't see how much you owe them

Comment

I included my sam's discover in the bk and everything has been just fine. I shop there all the time using my original member card not the discover one with the member info on it.
      Southern District of Florida
      Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
      Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
      DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

So my picture won't show up on their screen with a big red circle w/a line through it?

Thanks for the replies! I might be brave enough to try it on Monday. I'll wear a hoodie.......and a scarf, just in case.

Comment

Good to know, because I have Sam's Club store credit too, and I'm now late with them too.

I needed to go up to Sam's tomorrow and refill a prescription and didn't want to be completely embarrassed if they shot me down and wouldn't let me check out.

What did the credit department say when you called and said you wanted to close your account if you were already late? Since I'm already late on the account, I'd "rather" not call them. Do I "have" to call and close it first, or just go on using the current card, but paying with cash, check or debit at checkout?

Comment

When I had my membership card at Sam's, I never knew it had a line of credit attached to it. I just thought it was a membership card to get in the door. When we filed BK, that is when I found out about it as a Rameh Singh (sp?) of some Recovery Service requested to be included in our case and being notified of its progress. When we called this person and talked to him, this is what we learned, but as there had been no activity credit-wise at all, and no membership activity since Jan. 2004--we filed Dec. 2007--they filed paperwork to have themselves removed from our case.

I realize that doesn't help the folks wanting to retain their membership, so the earlier posts about how to do it are very helpful.

We don't use Sam's anymore, as the closest store is 60 miles away, and for a family of two, the savings at the store, vs the gasoline involved for a 120 mile round trip doesn't equate.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We filed last June. My membership card has the line of credit on it. We included it in BK. We still use the card when we go into Sam's and have never had any problem. We pay cash or use our debit card.

Comment

After I filed, the next time I went to Sam's the cashier accepted my cash payment but kept my Sam's card telling me to go to customer service. When I went to customer service they issued me a new card (not a credit card).

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
                  After I filed, the next time I went to Sam's the cashier accepted my cash payment but kept my Sam's card telling me to go to customer service. When I went to customer service they issued me a new card (not a credit card).
                  Oh man, I would have passed out on the way over, I think. Well, it all sounds positive thus far. I'm gonna do it tomorrow. We need granola bars & peanut butter.

Comment

Originally posted by lulabelle View Post
                    Oh man, I would have passed out on the way over, I think. Well, it all sounds positive thus far. I'm gonna do it tomorrow. We need granola bars & peanut butter.
                    How'd it go??

I need to go this week.

Comment

Success!! No lights flashing or horns blaring at all. She asked me if I wanted to save some money on the batteries I was buying because they have "Member Mark" batteries now that are actually made by Energizer........I paid for my items and she handed me my card back & told me to have a nice day. I celebrated with a pizza combo at the food counter.

Comment

Originally posted by lulabelle View Post
                        Success!! No lights flashing or horns blaring at all. She asked me if I wanted to save some money on the batteries I was buying because they have "Member Mark" batteries now that are actually made by Energizer........I paid for my items and she handed me my card back & told me to have a nice day. I celebrated with a pizza combo at the food counter.
                        Yay! I'm sure it was a huge relief! Because if you are anything like me, you were sweatin' it the whole way over there and thru the store.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X