Another tax refund expense question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another tax refund expense question.

We are suppose to file in Feb, but I am thinking about waiting until we file our taxes, because Lord willing we will be getting back at least 2,000 and we are planning on putting that down as a first months rent and security deposit on a place to rent. Right now my husband and I with our 3 kids live in a two bedroom townhome with my in laws. I would assume that would be ok, and not raise any red flags, but I just wanted your thoughts on this.

You have no restraints at this time. You have not filed. The look back is generally six months. What you are spending on is totally allowable as non luxuries. You must take care of house and family first. You should not have a problem at all. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hello, Just to expand on this question, we received a tax refund of 9000 total federal and state 7 months ago, and our 341 is next week. The trustee asked everyone "did you receive a payment of more than $5000 from anyone in the last year?" We did, and spent it on home repairs and auto repairs. See any problems forthcoming?
      Thanks
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se 11-2009
      341 Mtg 1-2010
      Discharged 4-2010

Comment

Originally posted by lookinupn09 View Post
        Hello, Just to expand on this question, we received a tax refund of 9000 total federal and state 7 months ago, and our 341 is next week. The trustee asked everyone "did you receive a payment of more than $5000 from anyone in the last year?" We did, and spent it on home repairs and auto repairs. See any problems forthcoming?
        Thanks
        I see no problems. You received and spent it months before you filed.
        Just tell the truth. He's likely looking to see if you still have any of it or, repaid an insider like a relative.

Comment

Thanks 'keepmine', appreciate the response!

PS The trustee also asked if you have ever been in business for yourself, and I was wondering, should you say yes, even if it was 1982 to 1984?
          341 Mtg 1-2010
          Discharged 4-2010

Comment

Thank you keepmine, appreciate the response.

PS: The trustee asked everyone if they have ever been in business for themselves. If it was in 1982 to 1984, should the response be in the affirmative? How far back do they expect you to go?
            341 Mtg 1-2010
            Discharged 4-2010

Comment

I'd just tell the truth.If he asked and open ended question like that, just say yes about 25 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lookinupn09 View Post
                Thanks

I would not look at a tax refund as a 'payment', others might. It is your money and you over paid.
                Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X