X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first attempt to stop creditors from calling me

I filed for chapter 7 om 1/5.
    They are still calling me
    I don't know how many days after filing they receive notice, so I answered a call Today.
    I told them that I filed for BK.
    They asked me for lawyer's name, phone number and case number
    Should I tell them all of that?

I filed for chapter 7 om 1/5.
    They are still calling me. I don't know how many days after filing they receive notice, so I answered a call Today.
    I told them that I filed for BK.
    They asked me for lawyer's name, phone number and case number
    Should I tell them all of that?

Yes.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

It takes a few days for things to start happening in your benefit. Just give them the info and things will quieten off rather quickly.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

just give them the case number and your lawyer's phone as other folks have said.
        they'll take down the information and stop calling.
        most collection callers were pretty nice about it once I told them.
        Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
        341 Meeting 01/05/2009
        Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

ok thanx

Comment

It took about 3-5 days for the calls to completely stop for me. I just turned the phone off (well, I had the ringer off for the 3 months prior). I notified each creditor once when they called. After that, they were on their own and could talk to my voicemail all they wanted. Capital One spoke hourly the week I filed!

If you have any auto-pays scheduled, you may have to cancel them separately. I had one set up with Dell. They've taken it out twice since filing, even though I followed their procedure for canceling, so we go for sanctions if it's not refunded by next week.

Comment

Answer the calls and give them your case number & lawyer information. The calls will stop
              Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
              "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Yep. Calls will stop very soon. Until then, keep giving them the info. Most were very cordial once I told them I was filing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X