Credit card laws changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card laws changing

I just got a call from CapitalOne with whom I have a $1200 bal.

What are the changes that are coming. The guy wanted my account number and I was distrustful.

I will say my intention is to pay this off in April, but will the rate double.
    I do not understand the laws, changes, or implications of having a balance.
    Can anyone help, or describe it in simple terms?
    Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
    Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
    341 Meeting 01/05/2009
    Discharged 03/06/2009

If CapOne contacted you, the representative should have had your account number (he should have asked you to verify your name, a password, or the final digits of your SS). Presently, credit card changes aren't universal. They all vary. Did you receive any paperwork outlining upcoming changes to this account?
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

You're right to be distrustful. They called you and wanted your account number?

Sounds like you did the right thing. (You did hang up, right? Not that an account number in collections is really going to be valuable to anyone, is it?)

The new laws are supposed to make it harder for them to jack your rates especially on existing balances. That's why they're rate jacking everybody NOW.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X