Will they sue me if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they sue me if?

Will credit card companies sue me if I prove to them that there is nothing they can collect. I owe about 90k to eight different credit card companies and am current on all the payments but realize that I am in deep trouble. I also realize that it might be possible for them to put a lien on my house but Washington state has a 125K homestead act and I only have about 30k equity in my home and that is currently going down. My exemptions are within the limits and my car is a lease. Retirement pay and disability can not be garnished for unsecure debt. I most likely will stop payments on some of these cards soon and may consider a chapter 13 later this summer. This is not easy for me no matter what route I chose.

Before you tank your credit score, consider replacing the leased car with a normal car note. If you like the car, just buy it from the leasing company now and finance it. One less thing to worry about later.

I don't know about the collections though, hopefully someone else can comment on that.
    19% dividend

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
      Will credit card companies sue me if I prove to them that there is nothing they can collect. I owe about 90k to eight different credit card companies and am current on all the payments but realize that I am in deep trouble. I also realize that it might be possible for them to put a lien on my house but Washington state has a 125K homestead act and I only have about 30k equity in my home and that is currently going down. My exemptions are within the limits and my car is a lease. Retirement pay and disability can not be garnished for unsecure debt. I most likely will stop payments on some of these cards soon and may consider a chapter 13 later this summer. This is not easy for me no matter what route I chose.
      I would think the only way to prove this allegation is in court.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X