Divorce Agreement Required by Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce Agreement Required by Trustee

I filed Chapter 7 on 12/18/09 and had my 341 last week. I truly have no assets; however, when I was divorced three years ago I received my equity interest in the house we owned but stayed on the mortgage and the deed because my ex-husband couldn't qualify to refinance and my daughter wanted to continue living there with him so I didn't want to disrupt her life by forcing a sale at that time. Our divorce agreement stipulates he would refinance by June 2010. Because we filed our divorce pro se I'm not confidant that the documentation is absolutely clear that I already received my equity interest and have no current equity in the house - my ex has been completely current on the payments and I really just want to get off the mortgage and off the deed. The trustee asked for the divorce agreement and I'll get that to my attorney tomorrow - he has already seen it because I gave it to him at our meeting and we talked about this thoroughly - but for some reason he didn't think it was necessary to submit it with the chapter 7 filing. I've been going through this process trying to be calm and optimistic - but now I'm having trouble remaining calm. I just feel like my whole life is one big document requirement after another right now - because I had to close a business, sell assets, file bankruptcy. So, does anyone think I'm going to run into a big problem with the trustee now?

You wouldn't normally submit your divorce decree unless asked. So what your attorney did is fine and standard practice.

I doubt you have anything to worry about. The trustee just wants to see what you were given in the divorce. I don't think anything will come of it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X