Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying a used car

Hello everyone!
    Is it okay to buy a used car for under $900 cash before our Ch 7 is discharged? ( should be around 4\5\10). I need a car better on gas since my pick up is a gas hog. I need to travel some and a buddy is selling his Honda.
    Thanks for any advice

Filed 12/04/09
    341 2/02/10
    discharge 4/05/10 (?)

I don't foresee any issues with this as long as you are paying cash and not using credit for the purchase. You may want to ask you attorney for reassurance. I know we asked our attorney about purchasing a vehicle at our 341 meeting and he said it wouldn't be an issue. Each state/district has their own quirks though.

Comment

I paid $1000 for a truck, dropped an $850 transmission in it and replaced the rear axle ($500 parts and labor). The trustee asked about the "major" expense, but didn't question my explanation. Blue book on the truck is $6k. Nobody blinked.

Comment

thanks for the replies..
        called bk atty... said getting that used car for under $900 cash would be fine since we are a no asset case and TT wasn't interested in our tax refund that we could use that money to pay for the used car NO more credit..... cash only

Comment

Originally posted by badkarma View Post
          thanks for the replies..
          called bk atty... said getting that used car for under $900 cash would be fine since we are a no asset case and TT wasn't interested in our tax refund that we could use that money to pay for the used car NO more credit..... cash only
          GOOD FOR YOU. We have an $800 car that runs great. Less than $500 for tires, batt, plugs, and little stuff. Old police car. Four years going now.

You are exempt on a vehicle of 1K anywhere I understand. A courtesy call to your Trustee would not be out of the question, but I believe your little purchase is as important as food and housing. Great deal. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X