No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie!!
    i am wondering if anyone has used a non attorney to fill out the bk ? i think the one i spoke to is a para-legal.

Several posters have used what amounts to a clerical service, or paralegals to fill out the paperwork. However, none of these people, the paralegal included, are permitted to give you legal advice. So if you have any questions that you want to ask the person filling out your paperwork, you might was well save your breath because they aren't allowed to give legal advice.

If yours is a fairly simple case, you would be better served by spending some of the money you would be using for this clerical service, by investing in one of the NoloPress books on filing BK yourself, and reading through this board to educate yourself, and handling your own paperwork. That way you will know that everything you put down is correct.

If your situation is complicated, then you really should schedule a free consultation with 3-4 different attorneys and get their opinions of your case.

Good luck to you.

BTW, I moved your post into a thread of its own so that more people can see it and respond.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 02-16-2010, 08:28 AM. Reason: typos
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

thank you for your reply!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X