Interesting Bankruptcy Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Bankruptcy Statistics

According to this article Men should avoid Caucasian women that only have a high school education, have a job but make less then 20k, married, and overextended on credit..

Avoiding married women is probably going to be the hardest part of that equation

Interesting indeed. Some figures that leaped out at me.

(1) People who are self-employed or unemployed have the highest relative incidence of BK.
    (2) People who were college dropouts had the highest ratio of BK per education level.
    (3) The youngest and the oldest cohorts were the least likely to file BK.

#1 and #3 make sense to me but #2 is a puzzler.
    So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
    Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
    Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
    And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dst1 View Post
      Interesting indeed. Some figures that leaped out at me.

(1) People who are self-employed or unemployed have the highest relative incidence of BK.
      (2) People who were college dropouts had the highest ratio of BK per education level.
      (3) The youngest and the oldest cohorts were the least likely to file BK.

#1 and #3 make sense to me but #2 is a puzzler.
      Just my opinion, but maybe the statistics suggest that college drop outs have a history of making bad financial decisions and are have enough education to to know how to file for bankruptcy but not enough education to keep themselves out of bankruptcy. Also the college dropouts might still have their outstanding loans but not the degree to get the high paying jobs to get themselves out of debt. But then again what do I know
      Last edited by haylo; 02-18-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Degrees don't guarantee high paying jobs these days. Plus the some college groups probably don't qualify for government money grabs. I look at the shopping carts of people paying with my tax dollars (EBT) and they eat better than I do. And have newer cars. And designer bags/jeans. And nails that don't look like ass.

I expect these stats to change rapidly over the next couple of years. There are just no guarantees for anything anymore. The playing field is changing.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

What jumped out at me was that the percentage of people with "Some College" or less went down each year while those with Associate degrees or higher went up each year.

Comment

Originally posted by haylo View Post
            Just my opinion, but maybe the statistics suggest that college drop outs have a history of making bad financial decisions and are have enough education to to know how to file for bankruptcy but not enough education to keep themselves out of bankruptcy. Also the college dropouts might still have their outstanding loans but not the degree to get the high paying jobs to get themselves out of debt. But then again what do I know
            Some college doesn't necessarily mean dropout. It could also mean people who haven't finished school yet but are already paying on school loans or, God forbid, putting their schooling on credit cards.

As for my wife and I, we split the difference. I have some college and she has a bachelor's degree. I tend to think that I drag her down though. But together we are equal opportunity bankruptiste.

Comment

Dang, that rules out all eleven taverns within walking distance of the vast DMC Estate.

Guess I will have to start trolling the internet or something . . .

Honestly, the one stat that didn't surprise me was self-employed. That group will always be higher-risk, since they take more risks than average. I bet a further evaluation would reveal that more of them are happier with life, too, in spite of the risks.

As far as avoiding mates who are overextended on credit, that should be obvious.

best,

-dmc
              11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
              12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
              3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X