top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I do a big spend 90 days of filling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do a big spend 90 days of filling?

can I spend with things like computer(before my crashes), some pair of eye glasses, pair of pants, tuna cans, dentist; do you guys have any ideas of good spending(essential and non essential spending that would be ok before filling BK

It's really 90 or 60 days(I am in seattle)

PS. I am still networking trying to find a lawyer!

I don't know what you mean by "big spend" because seems to me you could easily do all those things you listed for less than $600.

I don't think you should go out and spend $2k on a new computer.
    So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
    Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
    Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
    And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

You can spend money that you have on anything you want instead of paying your credit cards. But if you are talking about using your credit cards, knowing absolutely that you will be filing for bankruptcy, that is an open admission that you intend to commit fraud.

However - you can remain in denial and use your credit and make payments until you just cannot afford to any longer. I have mentioned this in many other posts - there is no way to prove fraudulent intention when it comes to unsecured credit unless it is obvious by way of your spending patterns. That is why bankruptcy attorneys will not file a bankruptcy petition until unsecured credit use has stopped completely for at least 60 days.
      Make sure you stop using credit before you stop making payments.

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
        You can spend money that you have on anything you want instead of paying your credit cards. But if you are talking about using your credit cards, knowing absolutely that you will be filing for bankruptcy, that is an open admission that you intend to commit fraud.

However - you can remain in denial and use your credit and make payments until you just cannot afford to any longer. I have mentioned this in many other posts - there is no way to prove fraudulent intention when it comes to unsecured credit unless it is obvious by way of your spending patterns. That is why bankruptcy attorneys will not file a bankruptcy petition until unsecured credit use has stopped completely for at least 60 days.
        how long should I wait to stop the payment? lets say: I spend some for pharmacy and clothing at ross last week; how long should keep paying before stop paying; I will file around june and july

Comment

Originally posted by kornellred View Post
          That is why bankruptcy attorneys will not file a bankruptcy petition until unsecured credit use has stopped completely for at least 60 days.
          That is simply untrue. I know people who have charged credit cards up until the day they filed with no problems.

I can't speak to what an individual attorney's practice happens to be. That may be what your attorney advised you to do. But there is nothing in the law the requires you to not have a credit card charge within 60 days of filing.

Comment

Originally posted by seamoonil View Post
            how long should I wait to stop the payment? lets say: I spend some for pharmacy and clothing at ross last week; how long should keep paying before stop paying; I will file around june and july
            The standard rule is the longer the better. But as I posted above there is nothing in the law that says you can't charge up until the day you file. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Dst1 View Post
              The standard rule is the longer the better. But as I posted above there is nothing in the law that says you can't charge up until the day you file. Everyone's circumstances are different.
              Ok; what I am asking is: I am gonna put time frame right below_

Credit cards charges(some of my cards I stop paying last month and some not yet; because I don't know if I am not gonna be in trouble for making purchases and stoping paying right the way.

Stop paying(how long is the period from the last charge and the time that I can stop paying)

file BK(I will file in june or july)

Comment

Ok; what I am asking is: I am gonna put time frame right below_

Credit cards charges(some of my cards I stop paying last month and some not yet; because I don't know if I am not gonna be in trouble for making purchases and stoping paying right the way.

Stop paying(how long is the period from the last charge and the time that I can stop paying)

file BK(I will file in june or july)
                Based on this and your other messages here is my advice:
                Cut up all your credit cards now... like really... now... i'll wait....
                Okay, now when the next credit card bill comes, don't pay it. none of them.
                File bankruptcy when you are ready.
                Done.
                Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

As long as the charges are for necessary living expenses (groceries, gas, medical, etc) then you can stop paying whenever you want. I actually continued to use some of mine for gas and groceries even after I stopped paying--they didn't freeze the credit lines until I was over 30 days late.
                  Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                  0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

If I stop paying my USAA credit card that could affect my USAAcar insurance?;
                    and also what about my car loan I never miss a paying on my car loan. I have my car loan with Qualstar Credit Union.

If I stop paying my usaa credit card do you think that they could repo my car because I have the car loan with another credit union?

Comment

In another thread today you said you had $2500 in the bank. Use that for your groceries, clothes, computer, etc. Stop using your credit cards!! You know that you are filing bankruptcy.

If you plan on keeping your car then continue to pay on it.
                      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

If I stop paying my USAA credit card that could affect my USAAcar insurance?;
                        and also what about my car loan I never miss a paying on my car loan. I have my car loan with Qualstar Credit Union.

If I stop paying my usaa credit card do you think that they could repo my car because I have the car loan with another credit union?
                        USAA may decide to not renew your car insurance.

If you are keeping the car, pay it. If you are going to surrender the car, don't pay it.

No, Qualstar isn't going to care that you owe USAA money and USAA can't repo your car.
                        Filed CH13 - 06/2009
                        Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

From personal experience - if you default on a USAA credit card, expect then to cancel and/or not renew any insurance policies. We had to find new car & home insurance... You might want to line up new insurance in the near future before it comes to that.
                          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Hell, I went 30 days late on a BoA card (which gave me two CLDs) and USAA raised my rental insurance by 40 percent because of a late payment and maxed out cards! I am dreading my car coming due. If you stop paying them, that policy is either a goner or will be completely unaffordable.

And stop using the CCs at all costs. A computer will not fly with a trustee.
                            First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

You are obviously insolvent so bankruptcy is probably your future.

What troubles me is you have stopped paying credit cards yet you still need credit to pay for normal expenses such as tuna cans and a pair of pants. If you are in a position that you can't support yourself without credit cards bankruptcy isn't going to fix your situation.
                              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X