Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you give me a collection timeline?

how long is safe to keep missing payment until is time to file BK

How long the original creditor will keep trying collect the debt before send to the agencies?
    my debtsBOA11k, USAA8k, Chase$700, Wamu$800, Discorver5k, Target$600, Macys$700, GE8$00, USBank11k, Citi2k).

and how long the collection agencies will keep trying until they start sueing?

I stop paying BOA, USbank, Chase, Wamu, Citi for the first time last month.

The others Ill keep paying because I did use last month.

I also have car loan with QualstarCU(16k payment:$280montly) that I am also paying. I would love to keep the car. But I don't know if would be possible... because of my low income.

If the they have my cell phone number they would only contact me or they could contact others even if they know my cell phone number?

thank you!!!

Originally posted by seamoonil View Post
    how long is safe to keep missing payment until is time to file BK

How long the original creditor will keep trying collect the debt before send to the agencies?
    my debtsBOA11k, USAA8k, Chase$700, Wamu$800, Discorver5k, Target$600, Macys$700, GE8$00, USBank11k, Citi2k).

and how long the collection agencies will keep trying until they start sueing?

I stop paying BOA, USbank, Chase, Wamu, Citi for the first time last month.

The others Ill keep paying because I did use last month.

I also have car loan with QualstarCU(16k payment:$280montly) that I am also paying. I would love to keep the car. But I don't know if would be possible... because of my low income.

If the they have my cell phone number they would only contact me or they could contact others even if they know my cell phone number?

thank you!!!

Be sure to check your mail for any LAWSUITS. Don't worry about the stupid collection agencies. Check public records as well, so you don't miss anything. But, you will get served papers if they are going to go after you in court. Then, just be sure to have a small amount in your checking account, and file if it is the right choice for you.

It took them about 6 months after I lost my job and stopped paying to file the lawsuit. I was a proud payer until I lost my job. Anyway, don't sweat the collection tatics and other crap UNLESS you just can't deal with it (calls at work, etc). You would be better off just filing and getting it over with imo than to deal with all that stress. I didn't give a crap and just waited and waited until I felt I had to do something, because I was in fear of garnishment and future lawsuits. The BK ended that all.

good luck, and put your trust in the Man upstairs, and things will be fine.

Comment

You've probably got 6 months before anyone starts filing suit. Your mileage may vary...
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Creditor tactics differ when calling. They have info from your credit app, so work and family could be called. They might call your neighbors trying to find you.

Comment

Oh, and they do that when they DON't talk with you (i.e, you ignore their calls).

Comment

WE were 6-8 months late on all of our credit cards by the time we filed, and no lawsuits had been filed yet.
            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Some never sue, some will sue within six months or so. You can check your court's online docket to see which creditors are suing at a higher rate. I am at the 4 month mark; BoA is calling all numbers associated with me so I sent a cease and desist letter (my state's fair credit laws apply to OCs as well as CAs.) FIA, the BoA card services, had been quiet, then filed about 25 the end of February. I am sure they may up the ante but from what I see in my courts BoA only tends to go after those with assets or what they can get in small claims court.

Some get sued in six months, some have gone years without getting sued. It may depend on what they think they can get out of you (and I bet most who got sued had assets such as homes.) Once again, your mileage may vary.
              First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Hey---flyinbroke---how do you check your court's docket?

Comment

Look up your district court online. Many of them will have their dockets online. You can check to see if anyone is suing you, and look to see which creditors sue the most often.

If not, I think you can check records at the courthouse.
                  First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
                    WE were 6-8 months late on all of our credit cards by the time we filed, and no lawsuits had been filed yet.
                    what about those cards with recent charges at macys, medical, gas,

if I stop paying them and wait 3 months to file do you think am I gonna be ok?

I have no assests, I do have a guitar, and car that is not even near to be pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by seamoonil View Post
                      what about those cards with recent charges at macys, medical, gas,

if I stop paying them and wait 3 months to file do you think am I gonna be ok?

I have no assests, I do have a guitar, and car that is not even near to be pay off.
                      Charges of under $500 used for daily living expenses (medical, gas, reasonable clothing) are not going to be an issue. Waiting 3 months would be fine. You could even wait longer if it makes you feel better about it.
                      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X