Emergency! Where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency! Where do I start?

Please point me in the right direction for information on filing bankruptcy and doing the paper work myself. I'll folow the links to see exactly what I need to do to get started.

Information from those that have under taken this will be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know where to find the paperwork and the cost if know.

Thank You so much!

I cant help much with this request, but I hope you can find some free legal help!
    03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
    06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

Comment

I guess this is as good a place to start as any, if you are going to file pro se.

But first, I reckon you ought to go get a cup of coffee and something to eat and take a deep breath. Your court date isn't til June. Clear your head, and shut down the panic response.

Comment

Thanks for you advise on this thread and the other one. I agree, when I first got the warrant issue...I was in a panic. Now, my heart beat has slowed down a tad.

: )

Comment

Schedule as many free attorney consults as you can - that way you can ask questions in your free consults.
          Ch. 7 in 2005 - catalyst was a 2003 car accident and major rehab/physical therapy/time lost from work
          Ch. 13 in 2010 - catalyst was poor financial decisions + loss in pay + increase in living expenses

Comment

check out this link and see if any of these can help you

Free Legal Aid Kentucky Programs employees work full-time and are supported by federal funds from the Legal Service Corporation in Washington, D.C., state funds and private donations.

There are programs that help people in situations such as yours. You may be getting a "wet behind the ears" lawyer straight out of school and such, but I imagine that would be preferential to trying to tackle the law yourself. I've been researching and having consults and I am still confused as I can be.

Good luck!
            03/25/10: filed BK13, 05/05/10: 341 completed,
            06/24/10: confirmed (7% to unsecured)

Comment

Personally, if I was going to hire an attorney, I would probably hire a NACA attorney.

Or I would move to Mississippi and hire MSbklawyer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X